This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet San Jose Webmaster says Hello!

Hello everybody!

I am the Webmaster for Ballet San Jose in California, and I am excited about participating in this Discussion Forum.

If you are not familiar with our Company, we are the second largest Company in California, located in the Bay Area; we have over 40 dancers and our Artistic / Executive Director is Dennis Nahat has been directing the Company for over 20 years.

Please come visit our site for more information about our wonderful Dancers, current Season, School, Dancer Audition Schedules & previous productions.

Cheers,

Webmaster, Ballet San Jose

Happy to have you here, SJBWebmaster! :dry:

As desertrose17 noted just a few days ago, Ballet San Jose has not gotten much attention from posters in the past. We're glad to have a "direct line," and perhaps this will generate some discussion of actual performances.

And what a bonus that your site offers extended videos of some of your ballets. Not enough companies do that!

Welcome to Ballet Talk.

Hello everybody!

I am the Webmaster for Ballet San Jose in California, and I am excited about participating in this Discussion Forum.

If you are not familiar with our Company, we are the second largest Company in California, located in the Bay Area; we have over 40 dancers and our Artistic / Executive Director is Dennis Nahat has been directing the Company for over 20 years.

Please come visit our site for more information about our wonderful Dancers, current Season, School, Dancer Audition Schedules & previous productions.

Cheers,

Welcome, and Happy New Year!!

:dry:

Thanks, Webmaster, for posting those videos. I really enjoyed the Pas de Dix and Firebird, which is all I've had the chance to see so far. I'm impressed by what you've done to make the ballets and dancers stand out, and am going to suggest that a couple of companies down here have a look at it. :thumbsup:

I didn't realize that Ballet San Jose is such a large company. For those who share my ignorance, here's a look at the entire company. http://www.balletsanjose.org/dancers/group.htm

Thanks, Webmaster, for posting those videos. I really enjoyed the Pas de Dix and Firebird, which is all I've had the chance to see so far. I'm impressed by what you've done to make the ballets and dancers stand out, and am going to suggest that a couple of companies down here have a look at it. :thumbsup:

I didn't realize that Ballet San Jose is such a large company. For those who share my ignorance, here's a look at the entire company. http://www.balletsanjose.org/dancers/group.htm

Thanks for your kind words!

We have some very special news coming up about an International Company Tour... Please stay tuned!

Here is a link to an UNADVERTISED part of our site with some interesting shots from our Cleveland Nutcracker tour: http://www.balletsanjose.org/images/ClevelandNut/index.htm

Cheers, and Happy New Year!

Happy to have you here, SJBWebmaster! :thumbsup:

As desertrose17 noted just a few days ago, Ballet San Jose has not gotten much attention from posters in the past. We're glad to have a "direct line," and perhaps this will generate some discussion of actual performances.

And what a bonus that your site offers extended videos of some of your ballets. Not enough companies do that!

Welcome to Ballet Talk.

Thanks so much for the opportunity to share our performances and Company Members with such a large audience.

I am looking forward to having enough Subscribers join this site so that we can merit a separate discussion thread... I've sent out the word!

Cheers to all and a Happy New Year!

I thank you as well as welcome you to Ballet Talk! It was a delight to find out that Lise la Cour has been director of the Ballet San Jose school since 2002. I always think of her as working in Denmark. The things I learn via BT! What a wonderful award she has received.

Lise la Cour

edited to add:

In case some of you don't realize who Lise la Cour is, she is the first wife of Peter Martins and mother of Nilas Martins and Ask la Cour.

Hello everybody!

Cheers,

Hello Webmaster for Ballet San Jose! So glad you could join in. I just heard of this group and I am glad you have your video's working so beautifully! I just logged in to see Blue Suede Shoes! What a delight.. I'll be watching for upcoming events. I just flew up for the weekend a few weeks ago to see the Nutcracker. I enjoyed that so much- regards to the company for me! Desertrose

Hello BalletSanJoseWebmaster: As a 40+ years resident of the Bay Area, I'm ashamed to say I didn't realize San Jose still had a ballet company (I remember the San Jose/Cleveland company, but never got to see them). Although I live in Santa Rosa -- which means a 200+ mile round trip -- I'm definitely going to make an effort to get down there to attend a performance. Let's hope gas prices go down before then!

Thanks for letting us know you're still there.

Peggy