This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

POB group returning from American tour

thanks for all your thoughts and 'links' Estelle.

i wonder if the fourth woman from the right, standing in the front, might be vaussard?

the head shots on the pp. you found on the link above are a help and deserve closer study.

I wonder if there would be any way to contact Lacotte or Bessy about that photograph ?

I don't find that the fourth woman from the right looks like Vaussard, actually I was wondering about the first woman from the right (but the only times I saw Vaussard besides the portrait on the Japanese page were either photographs in roles with costumes or videos filmed when she was in her 1970s...)

I'm also still wondering about the second woman from the right, it seems that she has her right arm on the shoulder of the woman with the handbag (perhaps Chauviré) and her left arm holding her other neighbor. Could have she been a professor of the company, or from the school ? I was thinking about "La Grande Mademoiselle" Carlotta Zambelli (who taught Chauviré and Vaussard, among others, and who was the school's director until 1955) but I've no idea if she was part of that tour- and the only photographs that I could find of her were taken decades ago in works such as "Les deux pigeons"...(After more thinking: Zambelli would have been 73 in 1948 so she would have looked much older...)