This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Balletstudents in London 1956-1960

Merete Irgens

We practised intensly together month after month, year after year. Then we departed to different parts of the world. Some of us to balletcompanies, others gave up. Intense living made us loose contact. Now at a high age one begins thinking: it would be fun to get in touch and hear a little of the others history. What happened to Angela Bishop, Sallie Branch, Denyse Fox, Noralma Vera? We were all at the Royal Ballet School, but we also did classes at Cleo Nordi´s, Kathleen Croftons and so on. I, myself did my balletcareer of about 18 years in Norway and Denmark. Is this a forum suited to look for people?

Yes, it is a forum for looking for people. You might also want to try posting a similar query on BalletTalk for Dancers, our sister site. Even if your friends are not readers, maybe they've gone on to teach and have students who can help your search. You'll have to register there separately.

I hope some of our readers can help you. Any reader who is not a registered member and can give leads, or if you are a member and would rather not post publicly, please send the info via the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page, and we will forward it (with or without your e-mail address, whichever you specify) to Ms. Irgens.

Yes, it is a forum for looking for people. You might also want to try posting a similar query on BalletTalk for Dancers, our sister site. Even if your friends are not readers, maybe they've gone on to teach and have students who can help your search. You'll have to register there separately.

I hope some of our readers can help you. Any reader who is not a registered member and can give leads, or if you are a member and would rather not post publicly, please send the info via the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page, and we will forward it (with or without your e-mail address, whichever you specify) to Ms. Irgens.

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. In that case is it possible for me to ask your help through Contact us? Because I found e message in Ballettalk written by DonQuichote, and she mentions she is the grand daughter of the ballerina Noralma Vera, one of the friends I am looking for. I can´t see what her email adress is. But can you? And can you send her my message and email, and then it is up to DonQuichote to contact me? That would be fantastic. I could even tell DonQuichote about her great-grandmother who also lived with us. Noralma and I received private lessons with the big maestro Arnold Haskell. Quite an honour, when I think about it.