This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Nevada Ballet Theater

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ed McPherson

Ed McPherson

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:13 PM

Are there any Nevada folks that could speak directly as to what is going on with the company and its management right now?

#2 lovemydancers

lovemydancers

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:10 PM

Bumping this up for any 2009-10 info about NBT. Its season rep has been eliminated from the website, with only the final performances remaining.

#3 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:22 AM

I'm not sure what's up with with the company. James Canfield was up here in Seattle in the autumn, setting a new work on a local group, but haven't heard a peep since.

#4 lovemydancers

lovemydancers

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:42 AM

Since my earlier post I have found the 2009-10 season rep via the press releases in the News section of the company website. I would still appreciate any info about the 2010-11 season as well as any info about the quality of the productions since Mr. Canfield's arrival and the well publicized turnover last year. I am not finding many reviews.

#5 Dansuer85

Dansuer85

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

I'll have to look, but I know there are some reviews. They are doing really well, as far as I can tell. I'm not sure about ticket sells and the such, but the company is becoming a strong group and they are working on a lot of new works. Their website needs some help and I don't believe the 10-11 season has been announced yet. You can look them up on facebook and will probably be able to find some more info regarding reviews and next season!

Also on their Facebook page, there are some wonderful photos of the rehearsals going on for "Brave New World" !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):