This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Jennifer Alexander

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Michael

Michael

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:52 AM

Hearing this, I remember her as one of the women in The Green Table. She was so poignant, human, and vulnerable in that role, heartbreakingly so.

Does anybody know what and where it happened besides that it was on the road coming back from PA? There was the first snowstorm of the year that night or day, or the night before, just such a terribly dangerous time. It can happen to anyone and all change in an instant. My heart goes out to her and her family especially.

#17 aurora

aurora

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:06 AM

Such a tragedy for all involved :D
She will certainly be greatly missed.

Has anyone seen any updates on the other dancers involved?

#18 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:30 AM

Jennifer and Julio were in that big pileup on Rte. 3 approaching the Lincoln Tunnel Sunday night. dirac has posted stories in yesterday's and today's Links. Also, from yesterday's NJ.com, another story.

#19 Haglund's

Haglund's

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:26 AM

Jennifer's face now graces the front of the ABT website.

#20 4mrdncr

4mrdncr

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:02 PM

Thank you for posting this so very sad (and shocking) news. Both dancers' families, and the greater ABT family, have my deepest condolences. I have many memories of Ms. Alexander, a lovely dancer AND a very good actress, whose presence enhanced many many ABT performances. (I, too, remember the lover in "The Dream", the partisan/young girl? in "Green Table", and Bathilde in "Giselle".) I will continue to remember her fondly. And of course hope that her husband and others injured recover. I am very sorry I cannot express what a truly feel any better.

#21 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:30 PM

Just saw this and am extremely saddened by the news.

May Jennifer rest in peace.

#22 SanderO

SanderO

Silver Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:15 PM

When such a beautiful being is taken in her prime it is a loss of unbearable sadness. With all the tragedies we witness on the stage, it is only this one which has brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you Jennifer for your gift to us with all your hard work and love of dance. You will not be forgotten.

Whenever the snow falls at the Nutcracker my thoughts will pull towards you.

#23 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:20 PM

Jennifer's ABT colleague, Matt Murphy, has posted a loving tribute and some wonderful, unfamiliar photos on The Winger.

#24 homesteadlite

homesteadlite

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:28 PM

Thank you all for your very kind words about my little sister, Jenny. I will be sure to let Julio know you are pulling for his full recovery.

Jenny has loved dancing since she was a squirrel in a pageant at age 3... she sure came a long way, didn't she?!

We appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers at this time. As a few people have said, she is dancing in the golden clouds now, and has our brother Jonathan with her too.

The show must go on - but please do remember her joy.

#25 Alina

Alina

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:30 PM

I did not know Jennifer Alexander although I probably have seen her dance. However, I am so sad for her husband, her immediate family, her ABT family, and all of the dance world. She was obviously a very special dancer, who loved her profession. It is a terrible loss for all of us.

#26 angieballerina

angieballerina

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:31 PM

I just want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with Jennifer's family, friends, fans, and with ABT at this time.

#27 zerbinetta

zerbinetta

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:55 PM

When someone has touched your heart, even if you'd never met, there is such a sadness in losing her.

I treasure the memory of Jennifer's Hermia in the Ashton Dream. She was always wonderful, whatever she danced, but her Hermia was an almost impossible combination of funny and touching, hilarious and heartbreaking.

Condolences.

#28 GWTW

GWTW

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:52 AM

My sincere condolences.
Just a few hours before Jennifer's fatal crash, I drove the same road in the opposite direction. I was very relieved to get home as it was a very dangerous evening for driving. So sad that Jennifer and others did not get home that night.

#29 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:34 PM

..... Still, I just kept thinking :" The last thing Jennifer did on this earth before departing was making many children and families happy at her last "Nutcracker" performance".
RIP Jennifer Alexander :blink:

As the latest news reports explain, Jennifer was not dancing in the Nutcracker. Her husband and Nicole were the guest stars.

Quote from the New York Times (see today's links for URL) :

Mr. Bragado-Young had played the Nutcracker Prince at Williamsport for four years; Ms. Graniero the Sugar Plum Fairy for two. Ms. Alexander was there because she and her husband were inseparable, friends said.

Calgary Sun (also in today's links):

"He was dancing and Jen was there as support."

This tragedy has not left my consciousness since we all heard the news. I did not know Jennifer personally either, but as a mother with a child her age, I share the grief of her parents, who, we learn through Jennifer's sibling's beautiful post, have already lost one child, Jennifer's brother. That it is the Christmas season makes Jennifer's death even more devastating as we think of her family going through the holiday without her, and of Julio Bragado-Young not having his first Christmas with his beloved new wife. My heart is with her parents and sibling as they go through the next few days of necessary heartbreaking tasks. My whole family is with Jennifer's loved ones at this time, in thought and in prayer. God bless you all.

#30 ShesnoFonteynsMom

ShesnoFonteynsMom

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:26 PM

Homesteadlite: My condolences to you and yours. Jennifer touched the hearts of many.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):