This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tamara Rojo and Carlos Acosta: A New Duo!?!

campvaldes

I saw their performance in Boston with the Royal Ballet. Their performances in Swan Lake

were just great. The potential for a world-class partnership is there!!! Will they have

the opportunity to develop as a team???? Time

will only tell. Any other new duos with potential out there??????? Please let us know!!!!

Thanks for mentioning these two fabulous dancers, campvaldes! They will appear again in Swan Lake at Covent Garden later this month and early next month in Don Quixote pas de deux. I guarantee the latter must be phenomenal.

[ 07-21-2001: Message edited by: NO7 ]

I saw Rojo and Acosta dance the pas de deux at the Anthony Dowell Gala and all I can say is that it was incredible. They really play on one anothers energy. For me I felt that Rojo shone more than Acosta as she pulled off some amazing pirrouettes that had both company members and students gasping in the wings. It was an amazing night! I hope to go and see their Swan Lake next week. :rolleyes:

I'm also a great fan of the pair and think they make a delicious pair! I agree that their DonQ pdd was Sensational but a little dissapointed that they won't get to perform the whole ballet together next season due to cast changes. Acosta also pairs up well with

the powerful Marianela Nunez, another exciting latino in the RB's collection.

It is definitely a shame that Acosta and Rojo won't dance Don Q together in the autumn, I can't see any reason why they haven't been cast together. I suppose we will have to be content with the pas de deux for now!

By the way, for those interested in Acosta, there is an exhibition of photographs of him by Angela Taylor at the e-onegin gallery, it's at 54 Shepherd Market in Mayfair. I can't remember when it finishes (don't think it's on for long) but the opening party was on Wednesday, lots of people were there, including Carlos himself and Zenaida Yanowsky. It's well worth a look if you are in London.