#16 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:11 PM

Thank you Victoria!
Reading your words prompted me to remember watching you teach at Martha Mahr's studio in Coral Gables.
You were completely inspiring and I can still picture you teaching the Raymonda Variation.
I also clearly see you dancing Aurora's Wedding Pas, Clair de Lune, Walpurgisnacht and Farewell.
You were incredibly gorgeous!

Thank YOU, glebb! I can't believe that you remember all that.....I think you were maybe 12 years old??? :o Those were all very special performances for me, though, and the memories are quite wonderful.

It is for me to thank you Victoria.
I'm certain that you were the first incredible dancer I saw.
You had extra gorgeous legs/feet and strong, perfect technique.
You were fearless and beautiful.

Almost as wonderful as Ms. Leigh's rich reminiscences was the opportunity to 'eavesdrop" on this little exchange, which shows not only how small the ballet world sometimes is but, so touchingly, two dancers' appreciation of each others' special qualities.

Thanks, glebb and Ms. Leigh! :D

#17 artist

artist

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:29 PM

wow, ms leigh, I truly admire all of the work you have acheived with so many famed artists. It's incredibly amazing what you've been able to accomplish and with whom. Such fun times it was, I presume, and it brings me to a smile the memories you've shared with us. Thank you and, btw, you are so beautiful! Oh, I never knew how lovely you were! :D

#18 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:19 AM

Thank you for this gem of a recollection, Victoria!!! :D

#19 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:51 AM

Hello Victoria

Can you identify everybody else? Please?????

Thanks!!!

#20 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:43 AM

Yes, I can do that :D

Standing left to right: Eugene Loring, Aaron Copeland, Judy Siegried, ?(sorry, can't remember this one), Rosemary (blank on last name), Ted Kivitt, me, Rusty Nichols, Diane Anthony, Arnot Mader.

Front row: Janet Mitchell, Karen Krych, Basil Thompson, Sally Wilson, Bruce Marks

*****Helene, help!!! Now I can only see the left side of the photo! It will scroll down, but yesterday I could see everyone and now I can't. ????

#21 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,248 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:38 PM

*****Helene, help!!! Now I can only see the left side of the photo! It will scroll down, but yesterday I could see everyone and now I can't. ????

For me it always shows in the larger form, where I would need to scroll right to get the right-hand side, and then automatically resolves in the smaller form, where it fits on the screen.

Are there any techies out there who could explain why the photo would suddently stop "reducing" to a single page?

#22 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

could it be the resolution size? my scans are fairly low - 72 dpi. maybe this one is larger, much larger?
just a thought, to be sure, no techie here.

#23 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

I don't know, rg. The photo is an 8x10, and I had it scanned at the camera place in order to have the photo restored. They also put it on a disk for me, and that is what I put into the computer and then attached here. When I first looked at it, I could see the whole photo in terms of the width, by moving the horizontal bar to the right, and scrolling down for the length. Now, it is showing only half of the width of the photo. Very frustrating :(

#24 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

Yes, I can do that :(

Standing left to right: Eugene Loring, Aaron Copeland, Judy Siegried, ?(sorry, can't remember this one), Rosemary (blank on last name), Ted Kivitt, me, Rusty Nichols, Diane Anthony, Arnot Mader.

Front row: Janet Mitchell, Karen Krych, Basil Thompson, Sally Wilson, Bruce Marks

Have you made sure that the window the image is in is "maximized"? What browser are you using?

#25 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

Innopac, THANK YOU!!! That was it! :( Strange, because yesterday it just did that automatically, and then today it didn't and I did not realize that was what was happening. Now it's fine!

#26 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,256 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

Ms. Leigh...that was a moving and beautiful recollection. While reading it i kept thinking how great would it be to have a movie like the "Ballet Russes" one made on the ABT history, with so many dancers from its very begginings still alive and eager to share their wonderful memories, just as you did with us...THANK YOU!...BTW, may i add that you look very beautiful on that pic...? :(

#27 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:08 PM

Thank you, Cristian, that was very sweet. You know, I think that would be a great idea for ABT. There were people at the reunion last May who were in the very first performances ever of Ballet Theatre in 1940.

#28 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,256 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:34 PM

Thank you, Cristian, that was very sweet. You know, I think that would be a great idea for ABT. There were people at the reunion last May who were in the very first performances ever of Ballet Theatre in 1940.

Do you have anhy other story to share...?...I must confess i LOVE to hear and read stories from those who, like you, were right there during all those wonderful years. I actually have some bibliographic material in where Mme. Alonso recollects many interesting stories from the ABT on the 40's.

#29 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:10 AM

Yes, Cristian, but they are being saved for next year. :(

#30 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:52 AM

"(sorry, can't remember this one)" --Richard Wagner, I believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):