This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT in the 60's

Ms. Leigh...that was a moving and beautiful recollection. While reading it i kept thinking how great would it be to have a movie like the "Ballet Russes" one made on the ABT history, with so many dancers from its very begginings still alive and eager to share their wonderful memories, just as you did with us...THANK YOU!...BTW, may i add that you look very beautiful on that pic...? :(

Thank you, Cristian, that was very sweet. You know, I think that would be a great idea for ABT. There were people at the reunion last May who were in the very first performances ever of Ballet Theatre in 1940.

Do you have anhy other story to share...?...I must confess i LOVE to hear and read stories from those who, like you, were right there during all those wonderful years. I actually have some bibliographic material in where Mme. Alonso recollects many interesting stories from the ABT on the 40's.

Victoria, thank you so much for sharing your memories. What a treat peeking into ABT's world in the '60's! I especially loved hearing about Agnes de Mille as I adore her autobiographies.

I didn't need any help picking you out in that photo - to this day, you look strikingly like your earlier self :D

Later, I danced the third and the fourth, but never the first, which was always a smaller girl
What??? There was a smaller girl than you? :)

Thank you Victoria!!!!! for sharing with everyone your ABT experience :) . I think it's amazing how this company developed through the relative short live, (If you compare with Paris Opera, Bolshoi Ballet, etc.)

Obviously was a moment very special for all of you and for the American Ballet.

I love to hear about this kind of experiences!

Happy Thanksgiving WEEK!!!!!!!!!

:D

Thanks...I look forward to your next recollection...in the happy knowledge that next year's promised date is only a month and a day away.

A sidebar to the White House story and the small stage. Back then, before "staging" was essential to any WH moment, the lights and stage materials were borrowed from the Masque and Bauble drama club at Georgetown University. Which in one of those six degree of separation moments allows me to realize I appeared on the same stage as you - but you definitely had the better venue.