This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello!

Lidewij

Hello everyone! I just registered, so I'll tell a bit about myself. I'm 17 years old and live in Belgium, my mother let me go to ballet class when I was 4 years old or something like that, but I quit when my parents divorced (when I was 11..). She also showed me many films of ballet when I was little, and we went to see some live ballet, too. 2 times, I think that was, but I don't remember much of it. It must've been the Royal Ballet of Flanders, (I think) the Nutcracker and Giselle. I only remember the last one, I think I was too little to remember the first one. Then, with my music class we got the chance to go and watch the general of the Royal Ballet of Flanders, again the Nutcracker, I liked it very much, but it didn't really convince me to start again. Now over the summer the virus got me again. I was just walking through the livingroom when my eye fell on the old videos.. It's really stupid, I know, but I watched most of them again (I actually watched the last one today) and I knew I wanted to start dancing again. I have tickets for Giselle and Zarathoustra (Béjart) in april :)

I like the Bolshoi ballet the best, and I also like the Mariinsky ballet very much. For modern parts, I think the Royal Ballet of Flanders is really great, but I don't really like their style in classical ballet.

My favourite dancers ever are Ekaterina Maximova, Nadezhda Pavlova and Natalia Bessmertnova, and of those that are still on stage, I like Maria Alexandrova and Uliana Lopatkina the best.

My favourite ballets are Giselle and Coppélia, but I also like la Bayadère and le Corsaire very much.

That's about it I think,

I've been reading a bit and I think I will enjoy my time here on this forum

Lidewij