Pacific Northwest Ballet dancers launch new website
New site created by PNB dancers offers a cutting-edge, behind the scenes glimpse
of Pacific Northwest Ballet and company dancers’ journey
from the studio to the stage.
Seattle, WA — PNB Unleashed began with conversation over the increased development of dance on the web and the launching of Pacific Northwest Ballet Principal dancer, Noelani Pantastico’s personal website. She and her husband, Brady Hartley, conceived the idea of building a website that portrayed a more in depth, behind the scenes perspective of the lives of PNB dancers and the necessary steps to creating a successful performance.
Noelani Pantastico established the PNB Unleashed team of four, consisting of PNB dancers Lindsi Dec and Benjamin Griffiths, as well as her husband, Brady Hartley.
PNB Unleashed was then presented to Artistic Director Peter Boal and PNB company dancers, whose support was well-received and enthusiastic. It was important to the PNB Unleashed Team to ensure that all the dancers had the opportunity to participate and be involved in the website so that PNB’s audience could have the opportunity to discover more about them.
"Dance is more ambitious than the physical body and PNB Unleashed is a way to experience dance on another level,” said Ms. Pantastico. “'Unleashed' will bring new spirit into the ballet world and show a lifestyle that should not be missed!"
The PNB Unleashed Team had been constructing the site for six months — structuring the site, retaining and editing video footage and pictures, interviewing dancers and PNB staff, as well as designing their own line of merchandise with its logo drawn by PNB Principal dancer, Casey Herd.
The site includes the following pages:
- In the Wings – Highlights dancer’s thoughts on upcoming performances.
- Dancers Louise Nadeau, Olivier Wevers, Kari Brunson, and Kiyon Gaines discuss the roles they are rehearsing for the upcoming program, Contemporary Classics.
- Bulletin – Showcases dancer achievements, guestings, and personal websites along with an in depth interview with the company’s Artistic Director and visionary, Peter Boal.
- PNB Museum – Five photo albums feature the photography of Angela Sterling.
- Backstage – What occurs in all departments of the ballet before the curtain rises.
- The first Podcast video sheds light on the Costume shop and Wardrobe of PNB.
- Interviews – Dancers, choreographers, and PNB staff members share their thoughts.
- Dancers featured are Kara Zimmerman and Jessika Anspach, along with former PNB dancer Nicholas Ade, currently principal of PNB School’s eastside facility.
- A Day in the Life of… – A detailed account of one of our stars in their own setting.
- The current featured dancer is Carla Körbes.
- Ask a Dancer – Advice and tricks of the trade.
- The topic of this photo Podcast is ‘Pointe’—focusing on how dancers Maria Chapman, Ariana Lallone, and Stacy Lowenberg break in their pointe shoes.
- Show Your Support – Purchase PNB Unleashed merchandise or make a donation!
For further information, please visit: www.pnbunleashed.com or write to the PNB Unleashed Team directly at email@example.com