This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New Dancers: ABT Studio Company

ABT's site* now lists many new dancers for its Studio Company:

Kaia Annika: 2007, Illinois. San Francisco Ballet School.

Isaac Hernandez: 2007, Mexico. 2006 USA IBC Gold, 2005 Moscow Bronz.

Isadora Loyola: 2007, Brazil. ABT Summer Intensive.

Sae Une Park: 2007, South Korea. First Prize, 2007 Prix de Lausanne.

Mara Thompson: 2007 (almost new, signed in March), Mexico. Incredible lists of Golds and other awards.

Brian Waldrup: 2007, North Carolina. ABT Summer Intensive.

Katherine Williams: 2007, Hawaii. JKO ABT School.

A wonderful variety of paths to the Studio Company!

* http://www.abt.org/dancers/default.asp

Congratulations to all the new Studio Company dancers!!

I am curious though......there were a couple of dancers I had read about over the past year who I thought were going to Studio Company - Melissa Hamilton from YAGP for one; the other is listed on the ABT site as a graduate of the JKO school who has gone on to studio company, but the name/photo are not on the Studio Company list.

Any idea as to what has happened here? I suppose each could have gone on to a different company, I don't have any connection whatsoever to the dancers in question, am just curious!

m2

.....there were a couple of dancers I had read about over the past year who I thought were going to Studio Company - Melissa Hamilton from YAGP for one; the other is listed on the ABT site as a graduate of the JKO school who has gone on to studio company, but the name/photo are not on the Studio Company list.

Any idea as to what has happened here? I suppose each could have gone on to a different company...

m2

Ms. Hamilton is now an artist at the Royal Ballet. It is an obvious choice over the Studio Company, as the latter, after a year or two might lead to an offer to apprentice for a year at ABT, which might lead to an eventual corps position. So, if for no other reason, and of course the Royal Ballet in itself is another reason, she quickened her career by about two or three years. Don't know to whom else you refer.

Thank you for the information all!

Wonderful for Ms Hamilton that she is now with the Royal Ballet - thanks to drb for sharing that news.

And yes, the second one I had read about was Dusty Button, via the ABT (JKO school) website.

I can now put my curiousity to bed!

m2