This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

another use of scans posted here without permission

it has just come to my attention that a number of photocard scans uploaded to this site by me from my collection have been posted without my permission on another site: This is a link to a site with copyright violations..com.

i trust this is an innocent mistake and that it will be corrected to my satisfaction.

this is the second time, so far, that this has occurred.

if anyone surfing the web notes other instances where scans posted by me and meant for the information of ballettalk are 're-cycled' w/o any credit to my collection and ballettalk, i'm eager to know this.

it has just come to my attention that a number of photocard scans uploaded to this site by me from my collection have been posted without my permission on another site: This is a link to a site with copyright violations..com.

i trust this is an innocent mistake and that it will be corrected to my satisfaction.

this is the second time, so far, that this has occurred.

if anyone surfing the web notes other instances where scans posted by me and meant for the information of ballettalk are 're-cycled' w/o any credit to my collection and ballettalk, i'm eager to know this.

Regretful. Want to take the chance to thank you, Mr. R.G , for posting all those wonderful pics that, otherwise, we would have never had the chance to enjoy.

RG, I'm so sorry this has happened. People who do such a thing really are web scum, and they'll ruin the net for the people who obey the rules and want to learn. I hope you'll keep posting your photos here -- but I'll understand if it gets to a point where it's more hassle to police how miscreants misuse them than it's worth.

i'm now thinking i'll post further pix if i can figure out a way of watermarking them to say they come from holdings.

wish i knew how, but w/ the limited programs i have - i don't have photoshop, etc. i suppose it might be hopeless.

before some ever-generous BT member spends time helping me w/this, i have now found a way produce watermarks on scans from my photo collection.

[see test watermark/scan in kshesinska thread - coming up]

It's a great way that of watermarking the pics, RG. I saw it on the Alonso one, and it doesn't really affect its quality. Thank you again for keeping sharing them.

Well done, rg. I like your watermark!

I know how frustrating/infuriating it is to see one's personal collection of photos appear on someone else's website. It has happened to me a few times. One brazen fellow lifted my entire photo album of pictures I personally took of my high school on Long Island and which I had published on my alumni website. He put them all on his own website -- including the captions I wrote! To photograph the school years earlier, I had on one of my visits to the States, driven around one afternoon (even risking arrest by the security guard now installed at my alma mater, who followed me around in his car as I photographed the school from all sides and, finally stopping me, tried to take my camera!), then edited, printed out, and scanned all the pics, uploading them to my site where they were very gratefully viewed by alumni who lived far and wide and hadn't been home to LI in decades. Then, one day last year, there they were -- my hardwon photos -- lifted in all their glory and passed off as this other alum's own collection.

Your experience has prompted me to start watermarking my own photos. I'm sorry that you had to go through this -- I visited the site in question that stole your pics. It truly makes one feel violated.

i found this site via google in a wikipedia entry on watermarking.

i suspect it will continue to work, as follows:

www.pixelrig.com

if the address doesn't get you directly to the watermark page, go through wikipedia on watermark where the link i ended up finding was at the article's end in something called: related links.