This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Pat McBride/Patricia McBrideNYCB dancers

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:03 PM

http://www.nycballet...mni/roster.html

I was perusing this and saw that both 'Pat McBride' and 'Patricia McBride' are listed here. It surely must be the same, mustn't it? I've heard Patricia McBride called Pat and Patty a lot, so if it is yet another dancer, it would seem to be a constant irritant.

Sorry--I put this in the wrong forum, please move it to NYCB if you like, I don't know how.

#2 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:06 PM

No, they're different. Gerald Arpino often used to refer to "the OTHER Pat McBride". She was briefly a Joffrey dancer. In terms of dancer generations, the two were only rough contemporaries.

#3 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

Thanks, Mel. Still--must have been really hard to deal with, and probably still is.

#4 doug

doug

Bronze Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:22 PM

Each has a wonderful entry in "I Remember Balanchine."

#5 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:41 PM

LOL - Arpino still loves to pull that one out. :)

#6 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:30 AM

actually when i was trying to sort through these two p.mcbrides, i noted that P.McB2 was variously called patricia and patty -nearly never pat; PMcB1 seemed only to spoken of as pat.
still it remained confusing.
perhaps this little confusion is what led the co. to urge linda merrill to change her name to merrill ashley since the co. already had a linda merrill.
otherwise the company might have gone down the road of the imperial ballet tradition and list: merrill 1 and merrill 2 - as in the cases of pavlova 1 and pavlova 2; kshessinska 1 and kshessinska 2; legat 1 & legat 2.

#7 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:49 AM

pat mcbride (now lady lousada) has written some really yummy cookbooks!

Edited to Clarify:

the cookbooks themselves are probably not yummy but the recipes are very good... :)

#8 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:39 AM

pat mcbride (now lady lousada) has written some really yummy cookbooks!

Edited to Clarify:

the cookbooks themselves are probably not yummy but the recipes are very good... :)

Clever you are! and I found all of it... :wink: I once heard that Patricia McBride and Jean-Pierre Bonnefous were superb cooks too, used the Pelleprat or Escoffier a good bit, maybe.

#9 Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:58 AM

Pat McBride was a friend of Tanaquil Le Clercq's and spoke at the memorial service held at the NY State Theater. There was a bit of a stir in the audience when she was introduced, possibly caused by those surprised at how much Patty McBride had changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):