This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Suzanne Farrell Ballet Events September 5 and 8

I just received an email from the Kennedy Center with reminders for the following Suzanne Farrell Ballet events:

Wednesday, September 5, 6pm, Terrace Theater: Screening of restored film of Don Quixote with Farrell and Balanchine.

(Please note that this will be screened in NYC on September 19 at Lincoln Center.

Saturday, September 8, three performances in the afternoon: Free preview at Kennedy Center's "Open House Arts Festival." "Excerpts from three works by Balanchine: Chaconne, Bugaku, and Pas Classique Espagnol. "

excerpts from three works by Balanchine: Chaconne, Bugaku, and Pas Classique Espagnol.

More details are available on the Kennedy Center website.

More recently I've been told that this is one of the events for which a (free!) ticket is required, so anyone planning to attend should allow time for that. How much time I don't know myself, sorry. It's general admission, though, and I'm told the theatre will probably open about half an hour or even longer before curtain times, and allowing time for cueing up to enter might not hurt.