This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Which ballet do You think is the most boring You've ever seen?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#106 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

The Concert. Thank goodness that NYCB usually programs it at the end of a triple bill. I just leave at the 2nd intermission.

Good thing that they do that so those who know it are not forced to stay 'till the end of the night waiting for a third favored one.

I don't know, Christian, you might enjoy it! I've seen it many times and always find it funny and delightful. I'm not the only one, either, The times when I saw it sitting in the first ring, theater left, it would be crowded with company members who weren't in it, and they would be howling with laughter!!!

I agree, VC. So many times I've thought, "I'll sit here and endure another Concert. I know all the jokes. It won't be funny." And even though I anticipate every one of the "punchlines," I find myself laughing at them.

Which is worse is hard to tell, simply boring sends me to sleep or my mind wonders and I withdraw into myself, whereas ugly works puts me in a rage.

I'd rather have something -- anything -- to respond to. Give me ugly, offensive, sadistic if the only alternative is blah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):