Which ballet do You think is the most boring You've ever seen?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#106 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

The Concert. Thank goodness that NYCB usually programs it at the end of a triple bill. I just leave at the 2nd intermission.

Good thing that they do that so those who know it are not forced to stay 'till the end of the night waiting for a third favored one.

I don't know, Christian, you might enjoy it! I've seen it many times and always find it funny and delightful. I'm not the only one, either, The times when I saw it sitting in the first ring, theater left, it would be crowded with company members who weren't in it, and they would be howling with laughter!!!

I agree, VC. So many times I've thought, "I'll sit here and endure another Concert. I know all the jokes. It won't be funny." And even though I anticipate every one of the "punchlines," I find myself laughing at them.

Which is worse is hard to tell, simply boring sends me to sleep or my mind wonders and I withdraw into myself, whereas ugly works puts me in a rage.

I'd rather have something -- anything -- to respond to. Give me ugly, offensive, sadistic if the only alternative is blah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):