• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 niamh

niamh

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

Greetings!
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself :) I am a needlework artist in upstate New York, so I get to make a lot of trims for ballet costumes and the occasional costume piece. I am a huge NYCB fan since I live near Saratoga :) I spent a good deal of time dancing as a youngster and I still do a bit, just because it's fun. Mainly, I'm just a huge ballet fan. Having read some of the posts, I have already learned quite a few things I didn't know and I'm looking forward to doing some more reading here. Thanks and have a wonderful weekend :)

Niamh S.

#2 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

Welcome to Ballet Talk, Niamh; we're very happy you've joined us. We are all ballet fans and share your love of the art. Enjoy getting familiar with the board; as you've discovered there's a wealth of information on it. We look forward to having you share in our discussions.

Giannina

#3 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,214 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:13 PM

I am a needlework artist in upstate New York, so I get to make a lot of trims for ballet costumes and the occasional costume piece.
Niamh S.

Welcome Niamh!..That's interesting what you do. You could perhaps bring up some subjects for topics on ballet costumes. I think it would be interesting...
:angel_not:

#4 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

Indeed! In fact our sister site, BalletTalk for Dancers, has a forum for designers, The Pro Shop. You might enjoy taking part in that forum, too! To join the conversation, you'll have to register separately. We ask that you register there as niamh, so readers of both boards will recognize you as the same poster.

#5 niamh

niamh

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:28 AM

Indeed! In fact our sister site, BalletTalk for Dancers, has a forum for designers, The Pro Shop. You might enjoy taking part in that forum, too! To join the conversation, you'll have to register separately. We ask that you register there as niamh, so readers of both boards will recognize you as the same poster.

Thanks so much for the suggestion - I'm heading over there now ! Looking forward to contributing :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):