This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

New Dancers?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AbtFan07

AbtFan07

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

I frequently travel back and forth between New York, Boston and Philadelphia to see the companies perform. Is there any word of any new dancers for this season?

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

Watch this space. Once PaB issues its official announcement, Dale will post it.

And welcome to BalletTalk, AbtFan07. :smilie_mondieu:

#3 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:41 PM

Here's news of a dancer leaving, from the Hubbard Street Dance Company release:

Newly arrived to the main company is dancer Philip Colucci (29, Malaga, New Jersey), who received a Princess Grace Award in 1998 and earned a B.F.A. from The Juilliard School in 1999. Prior to joining HSDC he was a soloist with the Pennsylvania Ballet, performing featured roles in works by George Balanchine, Kevin O’Day, Paul Taylor and Trey McIntyre, among others.

That's bad news for PA Ballet. I thought Philip Colucci was one, if not the, best dancers for the company in the past two seasons.

#4 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:49 PM

I second that, Dale. Ouch. They didn't want to lose him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):