This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

New Dancers?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AbtFan07

AbtFan07

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

I frequently travel back and forth between New York, Boston and Philadelphia to see the companies perform. Is there any word of any new dancers for this season?

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

Watch this space. Once PaB issues its official announcement, Dale will post it.

And welcome to BalletTalk, AbtFan07. :smilie_mondieu:

#3 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:41 PM

Here's news of a dancer leaving, from the Hubbard Street Dance Company release:

Newly arrived to the main company is dancer Philip Colucci (29, Malaga, New Jersey), who received a Princess Grace Award in 1998 and earned a B.F.A. from The Juilliard School in 1999. Prior to joining HSDC he was a soloist with the Pennsylvania Ballet, performing featured roles in works by George Balanchine, Kevin O’Day, Paul Taylor and Trey McIntyre, among others.

That's bad news for PA Ballet. I thought Philip Colucci was one, if not the, best dancers for the company in the past two seasons.

#4 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:49 PM

I second that, Dale. Ouch. They didn't want to lose him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):