This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Darcey Bussell

Shirley

Guest Danseuse

Are you Shirley the schoolteacher??? (the one that she mentions in 'Life in Dance')

Sorry, if you aren't and you haven't a clue what I'm on about!!!

Oh, that is wonderful!!! I mean, not that she has withdrawn from all scheduled performances, but... you know what I mean!

[This message has been edited by Danseuse (edited January 06, 2001).]

Danseuse : Yes I am that 'Shirley'! Why do you ask?

NO7 : It's wonderful news and couldn't happen to a nicer couple. They will make brilliant parents!

I know how you feel as I have a front row seat for R&J and of course tickets for every show she was planning on doing until May.

[This message has been edited by Shirley (edited January 07, 2001).]

Thanks, Shirley - wonderful news for Darcey! But sad news for us - we were dreaming she might be dancing "Manon" in Munich with Igor Zelensky in April - she's been announced two or three times already, but never could come... So it's probably not meant to be... Sorry also about "Romeo" which I hoped to see on 23 Feb - I'm curious who will replace her, and if Igor will be dancing then at all...

BUT I'm every day more happy I caught a ticket for that ***special*** Swan Lake on 2 December!

I feel the same way, Sonja. Wonderful news for Darcey and Angus....but a certain amount of ballet-deprivation will have to be faced by us fans.

However, reports in the press have been encouraging and, fingers crossed, she might be back by the end of the year. Let's hope there will be lots of other opportunities for her to dance with Zelensky (and lots of chances for us to SEE them!)

- Wendy

Guest pointe

That's great news! But we ballet lovers will be deprived of her performances though. Well, maybe she'll return a better dancer after this. I'm really happy for her. She has always been one of my favourite ballerinas. smile.gif

Shirley - yes, I am still planning to come over for the 23rd, no matter who'll be dancing. Plus for La Fille on 21 and 24 - I heard that Ethan Stiefel was injured, any news on that topic? (Sorry, this does not really belong to Darcey's great news...)

After I had posted my previous reply, I felt almost ashamed to have regretted that Darcey won't be on - after all, I am so happy that for her there is "life outside dance", and isn't it most wonder-ful thing of the world when a child is born? All the very best for Darcey and Angus!

Guest Simone

I just wanted to say congrats to Darcey!!! I have a lot of ballet books with an introduction by her, or she is the aurthor etc, she is a real insperation to me!!!

Im sure she will be a wonderful mother!

does anyone know is her baby is a girl or a boy???

Guest dance4ever

That's wonderful! It will be interesting to see if her child goes into a dance career just like Darcey. And like Simone, does anyone know if it is a girl or a boy?

Guest fionadunnanderson

I do not see anything wrong with "Phoebe Forbes", in fact when I first heard it, I thought "What a great stage name!" Strangely, though, I do not think there are any second generation dancers at the Royal Ballet, does anyone know of any? Whereas from reading this months 'Dancing Times', at the Kirov there are several.