Flames of Paris coming to Bolshoi in 2008!reconstruction of Vainonen 1933 orig.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

:off topic: But in light of Stalin, what else can you call somebody who sleeps in three different rooms of the same house in one night so people can't find him, and would intentionally lie about his plans for the next day to the same end? Puckish? Or Robert Joffrey?

#32 leonid

leonid

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:45 AM

:off topic: But in light of Stalin, what else can you call somebody who sleeps in three different rooms of the same house in one night so people can't find him, and would intentionally lie about his plans for the next day to the same end? Puckish? Or Robert Joffrey?

Thank you Mel, I laughed out loud at your post.

If you would like to see some extraordinary photographs of Chabukiani there is a site dedicated to him at http://chabukiani.iatp.ge/albomi.htm
Unfortunately for me it is written in the contemporary Georgian script known as mkhedruli ('military'). If you click on the 4th link from the left (or for rabid anti-soviet art readers 3rd from the right) which states ალბომი just below the banner, you will find a portal to many photographs of Chabukiani some which show extraordinary elevation and others in a rather over the top arty pose which were considered artistic rather than effeminate at the time. If you left click on the image you get an enlarged photograph. Chabukiani appears to become the role or his idea of the role in each photograph.

#33 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:47 PM

These are great, leonid. Thanks.

:) About Georgian writing, does anyone know whether it reads ----> or <----- ? It is beautiful, looks vaguely Arabic, and a little like Burmese writing that adorned the walls of my favorite bygone restaurant. :(

#34 leonid

leonid

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

These are great, leonid. Thanks.

:) About Georgian writing, does anyone know whether it reads ----> or <----- ? It is beautiful, looks vaguely Arabic, and a little like Burmese writing that adorned the walls of my favorite bygone restaurant. :(

Left to right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):