This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ashton

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 leonid17

leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

Video:

Dream pas de deux masterclass

"Sir Fred Ashton coaches Antoinette Sibley and Anthony Dowell in the final pas de deux from the ballet, then Dowell passes his own tips on to Karen Paisey and Philip Broomhead." 5 parts

Thank you for posting this video. From the premier onwards, I saw every performance of The Dream with this cast for a good number of years.

Nostalgia does not get much better than this. It brought tears to my eye seeing Sir Fred's meticulous attention to detail in the rehearsal. I felt he loved the work and this pairing who realised his work so perfectly. It was The Dream that established Sibley and Dowell as a highlly successful star partnership.

Hearing his voice and seeing him work momentarily closed a gap in my life and showed how much we had lost.

PS Thank you Helene for posting the other videos.

#17 duffster

duffster

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

Video:

Dream pas de deux masterclass

"Sir Fred Ashton coaches Antoinette Sibley and Anthony Dowell in the final pas de deux from the ballet, then Dowell passes his own tips on to Karen Paisey and Philip Broomhead." 5 parts

Thank you for posting this video. From the premier onwards, I saw every performance of The Dream with this cast for a good number of years.

Nostalgia does not get much better than this. It brought tears to my eye seeing Sir Fred's meticulous attention to detail in the rehearsal. I felt he loved the work and this pairing who realised his work so perfectly. It was The Dream that established Sibley and Dowell as a highlly successful star partnership.

Hearing his voice and seeing him work momentarily closed a gap in my life and showed how much we had lost.

PS Thank you Helene for posting the other videos.

#18 duffster

duffster

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

Many thanks for this wonderful viewing of the rehearsal of the Dream. I was very fortunate to have seen Sibley and Dowell in Swan Lake, Symphonic Variations, Triad and Enigma Variations, at the Met many years ago. I can still remember those performances to this day, and I also miss the anticipation of going to the theatre, to see these great artists. How sad now that the Ashton era is gone.

#19 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,414 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:57 PM

Sibley was so beautiful from the waist up, and upper and lower body were so integrated.

#20 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

Thank you innopac, Helene, for the Ashton masterclass video.

Absolutely fascinating choreographic session!

Ashton is imcomparable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):