This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Number of guests currently online575 guests? Really?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

I noticed a few minutes ago that there were 403 "guests" online, and then, just a minute ago that there were now 575 guests. Is that possible?? Or is it a glitch? If it's true, then where are they?? Every topic I click on has no one but me, or only one or two others reading that topic, peaking at 7 or 8 (mostly in Links). If it's true (right now it reads "465"), then, WAY TO GO, BT!
Just curious....

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:43 PM

Best guess is that the "guests" are a search engine. The site statistics count each IP number as a distinct "guest" and I've noticed that "Google" or some other engine will go through the site, clicking on each new-to-them-post and being listed as guests. I noticed the same thing Saturday night -- no one on the board, but 250 "guests," and it took me awhile to figure it out.

#3 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

Thanks, Alexandra!

#4 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:59 AM

It's interesting that, right about the time that Marga posted her original query, the site registered it's highest number of "guests" up to this point: 641.

Let's hope the search engines attract additional browsers, some of whom stick around to become new members/posters/fellow BT'rs! :angel_not:

#5 Davidsbündlertänze

Davidsbündlertänze

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:50 AM

Let's hope the search engines attract additional browsers, some of whom stick around to become new members/posters/fellow BT'rs!

That's how I found this site! :smilie_mondieu:

I should have read this introductory section first - there's a lot of helpful info!

What would happen if all 3,000 members logged on at the same time? Would this website explode? I know this would never happen....but I really wish I could see it. That would be pretty wild. (I'm joking, btw)

#6 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:59 AM

What would happen if all 3,000 members logged on at the same time? Would this website explode?

Probably :clapping:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):