This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Number of guests currently online575 guests? Really?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

I noticed a few minutes ago that there were 403 "guests" online, and then, just a minute ago that there were now 575 guests. Is that possible?? Or is it a glitch? If it's true, then where are they?? Every topic I click on has no one but me, or only one or two others reading that topic, peaking at 7 or 8 (mostly in Links). If it's true (right now it reads "465"), then, WAY TO GO, BT!
Just curious....

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:43 PM

Best guess is that the "guests" are a search engine. The site statistics count each IP number as a distinct "guest" and I've noticed that "Google" or some other engine will go through the site, clicking on each new-to-them-post and being listed as guests. I noticed the same thing Saturday night -- no one on the board, but 250 "guests," and it took me awhile to figure it out.

#3 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

Thanks, Alexandra!

#4 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• 7,320 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:59 AM

It's interesting that, right about the time that Marga posted her original query, the site registered it's highest number of "guests" up to this point: 641.

Let's hope the search engines attract additional browsers, some of whom stick around to become new members/posters/fellow BT'rs! :angel_not:

#5 Davidsbündlertänze

Davidsbündlertänze

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:50 AM

Let's hope the search engines attract additional browsers, some of whom stick around to become new members/posters/fellow BT'rs!

That's how I found this site! :smilie_mondieu:

I should have read this introductory section first - there's a lot of helpful info!

What would happen if all 3,000 members logged on at the same time? Would this website explode? I know this would never happen....but I really wish I could see it. That would be pretty wild. (I'm joking, btw)

#6 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,497 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:59 AM

What would happen if all 3,000 members logged on at the same time? Would this website explode?

Probably :clapping:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):