This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Number of guests currently online

I noticed a few minutes ago that there were 403 "guests" online, and then, just a minute ago that there were now 575 guests. Is that possible?? Or is it a glitch? If it's true, then where are they?? Every topic I click on has no one but me, or only one or two others reading that topic, peaking at 7 or 8 (mostly in Links). If it's true (right now it reads "465"), then, WAY TO GO, BT!

Just curious....

Best guess is that the "guests" are a search engine. The site statistics count each IP number as a distinct "guest" and I've noticed that "Google" or some other engine will go through the site, clicking on each new-to-them-post and being listed as guests. I noticed the same thing Saturday night -- no one on the board, but 250 "guests," and it took me awhile to figure it out.

It's interesting that, right about the time that Marga posted her original query, the site registered it's highest number of "guests" up to this point: 641.

Let's hope the search engines attract additional browsers, some of whom stick around to become new members/posters/fellow BT'rs! :angel_not:

Let's hope the search engines attract additional browsers, some of whom stick around to become new members/posters/fellow BT'rs!

That's how I found this site! :smilie_mondieu:

I should have read this introductory section first - there's a lot of helpful info!

What would happen if all 3,000 members logged on at the same time? Would this website explode? I know this would never happen....but I really wish I could see it. That would be pretty wild. (I'm joking, btw)