This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paquita

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:44 AM

These were announced yesterday:
Tanya Howard, Etienne Lavigne, and Bridgett Zehr to First Soloist
Alexandra Golden, Tina Pereira to Second Soloist
(Media Release

I am especially happy for Tina Pereira. She has been one to watch since she joined the company as an apprentice. I will never forget her as the 1st shade in Bayadere Act II. Such a strong and confident dancer. She does not have the conventional "ballerina" look, but makes up for it with her charisma.

Bridgett Zehr is also very deserving. She just joined a year ago, but has already made a lasting impression in Sleeping Beauty, Voluntaries, and Polyphonia. If you watch her in class, she is just stunning. It's premature to say, but I could definitely see her becoming a principal one day.

Congrats to all of these fine dancers!

#2 mom2

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for the news, Paquita - I echo your thoughts!

Here is a link to names of the Apprentices for next year:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):