This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT 2007 City Center season

Barbara,

This may be a very unorthodox approach, but who knows... Ask David directly.

There is a website which he posts on regularly which anyone can "join" like BT and post comments. It's called the Winger and all the posters are dancers or people associated with dance. The webmistress is one Kristin Sloan, who is in the NYCB corps. David posts there as do other dancers and there are often all sorts of interesting photos from their travels and backstage. It's a great site. http://thewinger.com/words/ You might wander over there and try to contact Kristin or David and see if they can help you out. It's a real friendly group, mostly young people, but it's all about dance. Give it a shot.

Barbara,

This may be a very unorthodox approach, but who knows... Ask David directly.

There is a website which he posts on regularly which anyone can "join" like BT and post comments. It's called the Winger and all the posters are dancers or people associated with dance. The webmistress is one Kristin Sloan, who is in the NYCB corps. David posts there as do other dancers and there are often all sorts of interesting photos from their travels and backstage. It's a great site. http://thewinger.com/words/ You might wander over there and try to contact Kristin or David and see if they can help you out. It's a real friendly group, mostly young people, but it's all about dance. Give it a shot.

SanderO, I actually do read the Winger - it was one of the first dance blogs I happened across. But I would never think of trying to get insider info on casting. Maybe I'm sounding too obsessive about seeing Hallberg dance. It's just that I enjoyed him so much last spring, I thought when buying tickets for 2 evenings I would surely get the chance to see him dance again. My frustration is only because he was first listed in the cast and then removed for my 2nd evening. Ah well, I'm happy to see any of the excellent ABT dancers. Thanks for the creative thinking though. :bow:

Barbara,

I think you are being paranoid. You will not be prosecuted for insider trading. I have had very few experiences with ballet people, but the few instances I found them to be very open people and more than willing to speak to the "fans".

I feel your frustration because one season I decided to see Paloma Herrera dance in several ballets and called the ABT after studying their calendar and making my selections. I sent them a very specific email with my requests even stating that I wanted to see Ms Herrera perform. So of course they changed the casting and instead of seeing her in 6 ballets I saw her in 3 and some Gilian Murphy and Julie Kent I recall. It wasn't what I wanted, but it was wonderful anyway.

I suspect if you explained to David the circumstances and why you wanted to know in advance... such as it is too expensive for you to see ballets and the time and so forth and you have only so much time and money whatever... I'm sure, if he knows he would tell you and be very honored and flattered. I would give it a try.

Have you ever waited at the stage door at the end of an ABT performance at the Met? I think you be surprised at how approachable your favorite dancers are. It's really worth the time if you want to personally thank or have a word with a dancer. I did it one evening and it has made an indelible impression on me in a very different way then it they did only a few hours earlier.

Don't be shy... ask.

Also noted: During the second week, Xiomara Reyes has been replaced by Maria Riccetto in the Jorma Elo piece.

My enthusiasm is beginning to build for this season. Am looking forward to seeing Michelle Wiles in Ballo, Carreno in Clear, Abrera in Leaves are Fading, and everybody in Fall River Legend.

I just got tickets for Nov. 1 & 2. I was going to get tickets for Nov. 4 because I really wanted to see S. Lane do Ballo. The Sun. NYT article said maybe and the NYTimes ad said tba, but the web site says Kajiya. No offense to fans of Kajiya but I really wanted to see Lane. Any insights? Any advise?