This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The littlest, newest Ballet Talker!

Just want to say thanks. I will be in Paris in a few weeks, and may have a chance to see La Fille Mal Gardee. Online tickets are only offered in the top price category, and as the only performance is on our day of arrival (after an overnight flight) I don't want to risk spending lots of money and then being too sleepy to enjoy the ballet. Thanks to these tips, I know what to expect. What a great resource you all are!

Treefrog, I do hope that you'll get a ticket for that performance- and I also hope that you will tell us about it ! I wish I could attend a performance of that production (especially as there haven't been opportunities to see any Ashton in France for years), but as I'm due to have a baby in about one week at most, it's not exactly the easiest moment to travel ;-)

Yes, congratulations! :clapping: Do let us know more when there is more to be known. I am happy for you!

P.S. It occurs to me that you were getting married the summer I last visited France. Would you like me to let you know the next time I plan a trip, so you can get ready for the next Life Event, whatever that might be?

I heard from Estelle's husband Philippe today.

On June 12, 2007 at 23:50, Alice Claire Rose Bruhat-Souche was born. She weighs 3.2 kg and measures 49 cm (*) The mother and baby were just fine when I left them this morning. :-)

Now I know on which side to put the buttonholes on the baby sweater (knit faster, knit faster!!!)

Of all the threads I didn't sign up for notification on -- I missed that Estelle has become a mother :flowers:

Welcome Mlle Bruhat-Souche! May you bring happiness and joy to your parents. And like Aurora, we hope you will join us in 16 years, and we look forward to your first post. :flowers:

o Estelle, this is just Thrilling. I am so happy for you. May la jeune fille bring her parents great joy.

Let me remind you, the wise American Gertrude Stein admired French women for their great good sense. She noticed that they all had dogs, and they spoiled their dogs. "French women understand that if you spoil your children, you spoil your future. So they have dogs and spoil the dogs. Very wise."

Let me encourage you to follow tradition.

And I hope you will all be very happy, your whole lives long.

I am so happy for you, there are tears in my eyes. They are not falling, but they stand there ready to fall.

:innocent::):clapping:

Alice and I came back from the hospital last Saturday (we both are fine) and I barely have had any time to touch a computer since then so I've just seen this thread now- thank you, thank you for all your kind words !

Now maybe we'll just have to wait a few more years to have another balletomane :)

Paul, we don't have a dog, but we do spoil our cat (a small black and white cat called Venise), however she seems to be a bit puzzled now when seeing that other small creature at home... ;)