Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terry

Galina Mezentseva website

8 posts in this topic

Since Marc added a link of Nioradze, I thought I'd provide the link to Galina Mezentseva's website that I found. Some people have probably seen it already, but for those of you who haven't, it's a very detailed website.

http://www.csa.ru/Mezentseva/

Thank you for this...she is one of my favourites, but I think it good to introduce others to her, as I don't think her renown in this country is what it should be...

Thanks so much for this, Terry.

I'm with you, Juliet. I've never seen Mezentseva strike a position (pose) that is not divine. Another example of beauty that does not rely on acrobatic tricks.

The first question I plan on asking when I get to Heaven is "what on EARTH do they see in Mezentseva?" :) (Not intended to quibble -- I know there are gazillions of Mezentseva fans, and I certainly respect their opinion, but I'll never understand why.)

Yes, Mezentseva definitely polarizes the audience. One either loves her or.... Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. One thing is certain: GM has attained near-goddess-rank in St. Petersburg. Lopatkina seems to strike the same chord in Petersburgers...the long, reed-slender body that cries and sings at the same time (the gist of what they love in these two ballerinas).

I don't need Heaven to understand Lopatkina :)

Alexandra, she is touched by God's hand. It's mean, that without knowlege she managed to do genius things on the stage. But the same time she could be absolutely dull in a minute. So, may be you just saw those bad performances. :)

Yup, just the dull ones. Thanks, Andrei. Now I can ask better questions in Heaven :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0