This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

La Scala Theatre 2007-2008 season

Ale

Next La Scala's season has been announced at the end of may.

It includes:

Bourmeister's Swan Lake with Roberto Bolle and Svetlana Zakharova

Tchaikovsky Gala the 31 December 2007: Bourmeister's Swan Lake, Nureyev's Sleeping Beauty and Bart's The Nutcracker with Roberto Bolle and Guests: Polina Semionova, Nadja Saidakova, Ronald Savkovic

MacMillan's Romeo and Juliet: Roberto Bolle will dance with Alina Cojocaru and Julie Kent; Massimo Murru

Bigonzetti's Mediterranea with Massimo Murru

Petit Evening: L'Arlésienne, Le jeune homme et la mort, Carmen with Roberto Bolle and Massimo Murru

Neumeier's La Dame aux Camélias with Roberto Bolle and Massimo Murru

For complete season and details: http://www.teatroallascala.org/public/LaSc...etto/index.html

Not so much unfortunately and, as usual, just few casts announced (and even if they are, you never know!)! :(

I wonder which of these productions is likely to be filmed for television. Surely not Romeo and Juliet again.

The Tchaikovsky Gala of the 31 December with Bolle and Semionova will be shown live on Arte but only in Europe.

I don't know if something will be filmed next season for television or dvd.

In January they filmed A Midsummer Night's Dream with Ferri, Bolle and Murru.

It's a terrible terrible season.... Much worse than I expected... I just hope that the change in the company direction will bring us something better, but I'm not counting on it!

Italian ballet is so frustrating... :flowers: