Hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 susibee

susibee

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:14 PM

I'm having so much fun poking around this site. I can't believe I never knew it existed!

I fell in love with ballet at a young age and studied at a quasi-professional school quite seriously. I'm too tall, however, to have ever made ballet into a career. No matter, my interests are diverse now -- from life in Africa to a career in medicine. I will always love the ballet though.

I'm in my early thirties which means I've seen (and remember) dancers from the mid-1980's onwards. I have lived in New York and around London, and I am most familiar with dance in those two cities.

#2 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:48 PM

Welcome to Ballet Talk, susibee. We're glad to have you with us and we're so pleased that you're enjoying the site. You have a wonderful history with ballet. We hope you'll participate in our discussions and add your ballet insight in our exchanges. Like you we all love ballet.

Giannna

#3 angieballerina

angieballerina

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:31 PM

I'm having so much fun poking around this site. I can't believe I never knew it existed!

I fell in love with ballet at a young age and studied at a quasi-professional school quite seriously. I'm too tall, however, to have ever made ballet into a career. No matter, my interests are diverse now -- from life in Africa to a career in medicine. I will always love the ballet though.

I'm in my early thirties which means I've seen (and remember) dancers from the mid-1980's onwards. I have lived in New York and around London, and I am most familiar with dance in those two cities.

I hope that I am using this the correct way. This is my first post/ reply on this site. I have been reading for about a month. Nice to meet you and I agree, I wish I had known that this site existed a long time ago! I am an adult who has danced professionally with a small company in Bloomington, MN since 1996. I find that there are so many interesting view points and discussions here.

#4 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:30 PM

Welcome to you too, angieballerina. We're glad you are enjoying the site and that you find it, well, terrific! We look forward to having you share in our discussions.

Giannina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):