• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 cygneblanc

cygneblanc

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:42 AM

Well, I'm curious to see what's going to happen for ballet in France. There is the official speech and from another point of view, you can see ballet is still very popular here, especially among teenagers. You can see that through the all the blogs and forums maintained by young people.

As for Miss BL, I think she should be allowed to get retired early :beg: !

#17 Grissi

Grissi

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:13 AM

Well, I'm curious to see what's going to happen for ballet in France. There is the official speech and from another point of view, you can see ballet is still very popular here, especially among teenagers. You can see that through the all the blogs and forums maintained by young people.

As for Miss BL, I think she should be allowed to get retired early :beg: !

Is she reaching 65?

#18 cygneblanc

cygneblanc

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:41 AM

She will be 65 in 2009 I think but in France you can get retired when you're 60: that's the legal age to do that. 65 is a boundary.

#19 sophia

sophia

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:22 AM

She was born in 1947.

#20 scherzo

scherzo

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

Started reading this thread at the wrong end and thought, "Surely Cozette is not reaching 65?" :pinch:

I completely share your opinion about Thibault and Ould-Braham (no possible comparison with Cozette in any way) who are true stars actually, most appreciated by the audience.

Interesting that Thibault and Ould-Braham appear to be audience favourites and (from what I've read) more talented. None of the Paris Opera Ballet followers seems terribly enthusiastic about Cozette's promotion but also about POB's management - do you think Lefevre etc know about/take into account audience's opinions? Should they?

#21 Estelle

Estelle

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:14 AM

Sarkozy held in his political program that he will be for MERIT. Let see if he fulfills his promises...
Sorry for mentioning politics, but some decissions are just not fair.

Frankly I don't think that the results of presidential elections will have *any* direct influence on the promotion policy (and also, I don't think I've ever seen a politician saying that s/he is for mediocrity...) It might have a very indirect influence if there is a new minister of culture and if s/he has a influence on changing the director of dance of the POB, but it seems to me that most politicians really don't care about it (and culture has been a topic totally absent from all the presidential campaign). It seems to me that the position of director of the Paris Opera (presently Gérard Mortier and soon Nicolas Joël) is more dependent from political decisions, but they always are opera people and not ballet people, and the position of director of dance is less "visible" and probably depends more on inner policy decisions. After all, Ms Lefèvre has been there for a very long time, with various PO directors and various ministers of culture...

#22 Grissi

Grissi

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:32 AM

Yes, that is true, Estelle. But I couldn't help it... Also to have or not merits is subjective, so, no way...

#23 Naoko S

Naoko S

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:31 PM

She will be 65 in 2009 I think but in France you can get retired when you're 60: that's the legal age to do that. 65 is a boundary.

She was born in 1947.

Well well... My Oxford Dance Dictionary says her birthday is 15th November 1944! Let's just hope this is a genuinely accurate, truthful info. (and rejoice!)

#24 sophia

sophia

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:06 PM

Well, I may be wrong!! :)
I found her birthday on Wikipedia... I'll check later...

#25 Grissi

Grissi

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:04 AM

Yes, it seems that she was born in 1944... :)

#26 sophia

sophia

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:45 AM

1944 actually. Sorry! :speechless-smiley-003:

#27 CarolinaM

CarolinaM

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

I would like to let you know about an article just published in www.fotoescena.net

José Carlos Martínes an "étoile" dancer>> << "Cendrillon"

In fact there are two articles. The first one -split in two parts- is a report on José Carlos Martínez with a rehearsal with Agnes Letestu while they were preparing their roles for Cinderella and an interview with our Spanish "étoile" danser who has two roles in this ballet.

The second in about "Cendrillon" itself with some very beautiful shots of Emilie Cozette in this role.

To be able to read all in English you have to return to the main page cause the links inside the articles are not properly set yet :devil:

Hope you like it!

#28 Rosa

Rosa

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for the link. Those photos are beautiful!

#29 cygneblanc

cygneblanc

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:16 PM

http://www.theaustra...3-16947,00.html

Here's an interview given by Miss BL to an australian newspaper. Although she's saying she'll leave :thumbsup: , it appears it won't happen soon because it's mentionned she'll work with Nicholas Joel :clapping:

#30 Grissi

Grissi

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:55 AM

Thank you for the link, cygneblanc. Yes, it seems that she is going to work with the new director mainly on contemporary choreographies... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):