32 replies to this topic

#16 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:06 AM

Since the system upgrade I have to log in every morning. I can get on the site the rest of the day with no problems. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes. Me. :)

#17 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,998 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:37 AM

I've changed some settings.

Please let me know if this continues when you log in tomorrow.

#18 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:22 AM

I got on this morning without any problems. Thanks, Helene.

Giannina

#19 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:36 PM

Since the upgrade, my contacts/friends list has vanished!

#20 drb

drb

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:41 PM

While much is good, it is peculiar that I'm being told that I have -10 new messages...

#21 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,998 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

I haven't been able to figure out yet why the Personal Messenger (PM) notice is counting into the negatives. Mine started at -8, went down to 0, went up to 1, then started to count backwards again :FIREdevil:

I didn't realize there was a contact list in the last version. I'll try to find something about this. I wonder if the contact list was held in the cookie, and when everyone needed to sign on again, the new cookie info replaced the old info.

#22 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,998 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:35 PM

I found out how to reset negative PM counts, but there's no explanation for why this happened in the first place.

If your post counts start running negative again, I'd appreciate it if you'd reply to this thread.

#23 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:12 PM

I found out how to reset negative PM counts, but there's no explanation for why this happened in the first place.

If your post counts start running negative again, I'd appreciate it if you'd reply to this thread.

Yes, mine is doing it now. Actually, I don't care unless it affects whether you get the message or not--does it? Right now, I've got -1 messages, but I've had plenty of pm's since the upgrade. I just noticed this one yesterday (when I did not get a message.) Otherwise, I appreciate the impending instructions on how to reset it.

#24 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,998 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:42 PM

The negative counter doesn't affect the number of PMs, but it does affect the display.

Unfortunately, the only way to reset it is through the software. You can't reset it yourself.

I was able to run the reset, but, unfortunately, resetting doesn't fix the underlying cause :wacko:

Thank you for reporting this.

#25 SanderO

SanderO

Silver Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:38 PM

My interface is working odd lately... has there been an upgrade?

I can't work my way back through the posts. Instead I see something that lookts like a collapsed outline. But I can't open any old posts and only few recent ones are visible. This is true regarless of how I try to enter the thread.

Also when I click the "reply" button the window appears "quoting" the last post..

Perhaps my own "settings" have changed? Can someone help get back to where I was able to read back through older posts.

#26 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:51 PM

That sounds almost like the "Lo-Fi" version! Have you scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the page to find out if the "Lo-Fi" is engaged?

#27 support system

support system

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:49 PM

I have the same issue, but thought it was one of the "upgrades". How do we exit lo-fi and enter the wonderful world of high speed?

#28 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:07 PM

To tell you the truth, I've never had Lo-Fi select itself, but I suppose anything is possible with a computer! Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on "Lo-Fi Version". See what that does.

#29 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:56 AM

Is anyone else finding a sudden, unexplained change in their display?

#30 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:06 AM

Try going to the "Options" box - it's on the right hand side at the top of the thread and clicking on "standard view" - once or twice I've visited BT via a Google search for an older discussion and the search engine found it in "outline view" and my browser (Firefox) toggled over and kept the option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):