This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Rolando Sarabia

fandeballet

Such a waste of talent for him not to be with a company!

He has tried several since his defection from Alonso's, BB, but with no luck. We had him at MCB for a while and he didn't look as if he was enjoying himself with the repertoire. He's meant for the warhorses roles, and Balanchine was just not suited for his dancing style.

Such a waste of talent for him not to be with a company!

He has tried several since his defection from Alonso's, BB, but with no luck. We had him at MCB for a while and he didn't look as if he was enjoying himself with the repertoire. He's meant for the warhorses roles, and Balanchine was just not suited for his dancing style.

He would certainly fit with ABT . His DQ guest appearance was,i thought, well-received but no future appearance followed.
He would certainly fit with ABT . His DQ guest appearance was,i thought, well-received but no future appearance followed.

Bingham, I would have agreed with this. I saw him perform several times with the Miami City Ballet and my feeling was that he could be one of the greatest male dancers ever !

He had Charisma, nobility, adaptability and a fineness of dance that I felt made him Extra Special. After he left MCB I thought that ABT would be a perfect place for him. A home company like this might have been a place to focus and be focused on, eventually to be acknowledged as one of the all-time greats.

If as Cristian is now suggesting, he might actually like "the circuit environment" then fine. If he's happy there then I'm happy for him and he and us may still have the opportunity to enjoy greatness as well. As Tamara Rojo expressed in one of her many interviews after taking over ENB, she went into the job thinking that it was all about dance and quickly concluded that it was much more about the wellbeing of the humans who were doing the dancing.

Footnote (added later) :

This is Tamara Rojo's actual quote:

"I always thought I would see that the art comes first and therefore these decisions have to be made. Then you meet the person and the art cannot come first, because a person is much more important."

http://www.guardian....o-ballet-dancer

Still on the radar happy.png

30 April 2014 (Wed), 19:00 Ballet theatre of St. Petersburg Conservatoire [Russia] - Classical Ballet Gala Ballet: World Best Ballet Stars

"You will have the unique opportunity to enjoy the skill of the dancers who have been awarded the prize "Benois de la Danse" - Oscar equivalent in the field of dance - Rolando Sarabia and his partner Venus Villa, soloist English National Ballet in London. One of the most popular editions of The New York Times has repeatedly compared the crowd favorite Rolando Sarabia with a young Mikhail Baryshnikov."

Rolando Sarabia is currently guesting als Basilio in the Royal Ballet of Flanders' New Don Quixote. I saw him on Tuesday (I bought a ticket especially to see him), his first performance of the run. He was the only one with good stage presence, catching my attention the whole time he was on stage. He was also a very caring partner.

However, he did not perform his 3rd act variation and coda, which really disappointed me. I don't know if this was planned or if he got injured during the performance (if he did, I didn't notice a thing). But still, he gave a very enjoyable performance.