This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Vishneva Tour

Tucked away in City Center's press release for the Mariinsky visit next April is a mention of Diana Vishneva's 2008 tour titled Beauty in Motion. An article in Links a few days ago referred to the tour's forthcoming Orange County appearances. OCPAC's site posted additional information:

Diana Vishneva: Beauty in Motion | World Premiere

February 12-13, 15-17, 2008

Following the phenomenal success of Kings of Dance, The Center presents another world premiere dance co-production with Ardani Artists showcasing an international dance superstar. Diana Vishneva is one of the world’s most glamorous and extraordinary dancers, worthy of this tribute. ... The prima ballerina will perform a program of new ballets created for her by three distinct choreographers: Alexei Ratmansky, Moses Pendleton and Édouard Lock. Joining her for this world premiere are the orchestra and corps de ballet of the National Ballet of the Ukraine.

[bold type added by me]

Given Mr. Ratmansky's 3-for-3 success rate in NYC, and the thought of Diana dancing a la Pilobolus, this could become quite a serious artistic event. City Center makes no mention of hosting the tour in New York, yet why else would they mention it?

NEW YORK VISHNEVA SEASON: Feb 21 through 24, 2008 at City Center.

Tickets are now on sale, with pricing at Mariinsky level, on City Center's website and at 212-581-1212.

Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 8 PM; Sunday at 3 PM.

SNOW ALERT

Record Blizzard due in NYC Feb 21-24 next winter.

In other words, my tickets arrived, located exactly where I want.

NEW YORK VISHNEVA SEASON: Feb 21 through 24, 2008 at City Center.