This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Romeo and Julia Gala April 21

This Saturday Stuttgart Ballet is putting on a special gala in honour of Marcia Hydee's birthday. There is a long list of guest artists including Vladamir Malakhov (Romeo), Lucia Lacarra (Julia), Egon Madsen (Graf Capulet), Marcia Hyde (Grafin Capulet), Tamas Detrich (Tybalt), Paul Chalmer (Graf Paris), Rolando D'Alesio (Graf Montague), Marion Jager (Grafin Montague), Alexander Zaitsev, Kyzysztof, Eric Gauthier, Marcis Lesin, John Neumier as well as the principal dancers of the Stuttgart Company. It should be quite the memorable evening! :dry::flowers::clapping:

Unfortunately the casting was changed within the last day or so and both Vladamir Malakhov and Lucia Lacarra are no longer dancing. Instead Julia will be danced by Stuttgart principal Sue Jin Kan and Romeo will be danced by three principals- Jason Reilly, Filip Barankiewicz and Friedemann Vogel. I do know someone who was lucky to get a ticket and is still excited to go even with the changes. :)

My daughter said it was a great show and a great evening for Marcia and the company! All the guests that did dance had special ties to the company during Marica's time there so it made it very special. The show was taped so hopefully it will be produced for sale at some point, or at least shown on German TV.

both Vladamir Malakhov and Lucia Lacarra are no longer dancing. Instead Julia will be danced by Stuttgart principal Sue Jin Kan and Romeo will be danced by three principals- Jason Reilly, Filip Barankiewicz and Friedemann Vogel. I do know someone who was lucky to get a ticket and is still excited to go even with the changes. :)

Personally, I'd choose Friedemann Vogel over Vladimir Malakhov any day.