This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Suzanne Farrell, etc. in NYT Spring fashion section

not sure where this might be appropriate, but a friend has called to note that the NYTimes annual spring women's fashion section has something about primadonnas, or not, and that the article is illustrated with photos, some large, of Suzanne Farrell and other NYCB dancers including one of Ashley Bouder. (haven't seen this yet myself. i have no idea if these special sections appear on the web or not.)

Like most fashion writing, this article requires a Rosetta stone to decipher, but it matters not. I am grateful to rg and Dale for pointing it out, because otherwise it would have languished unseen and unread nestled with the Sunday Business and Real Estate sections. There are two photos of Suzanne -- one (large) as nubile ballerina in Midsummer, the other (small) as Beltway artistic director apparently applying makeup. Both are beautiful.

i can't find the source, but i believe the photo of farrell in the make-up mirror is from her time dancing for bejart - i think i've seen that costume in the contex of her bejart repertory but i can't swear to it.

i'll keep looking for an identification.