This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

New to Dutch National Ballet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anoushka

anoushka

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:49 AM

Hello everyone

I've just moved over to live in the Netherlands (just outside Amsterdam) from the UK, and as a Royal Ballet addict, I ashamed to admit I know virtually nothing about the ballet over here! But, I am willing to learn : )

I am going to get myself booked in to see a performance asap but I wondered if anyone had any recommendations on where to sit? I like to be able to see the dancer's faces & feet, so usually I am willing to sacrifice the view of the stage for the sake of proximity to the stage so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Anoushka xx

#2 Mimi

Mimi

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:51 AM

Welcome welcome!!! :dry:

Edit: I see mr. Stevens has given much more useful advice than I did, so I'll just delete mine.
I hope you'll have a good time at Dutch National Ballet!

#3 Herman Stevens

Herman Stevens

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:27 PM

Hello everyone

I've just moved over to live in the Netherlands (just outside Amsterdam) from the UK, and as a Royal Ballet addict, I ashamed to admit I know virtually nothing about the ballet over here! But, I am willing to learn : )

I am going to get myself booked in to see a performance asap but I wondered if anyone had any recommendations on where to sit? I like to be able to see the dancer's faces & feet, so usually I am willing to sacrifice the view of the stage for the sake of proximity to the stage so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Anoushka xx

Row 6 to 10 parterre, and your seat needs to be single digits, meaning close to the center.

See y'around

Herman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):