This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New to Dutch National Ballet

anoushka

Hello everyone

I've just moved over to live in the Netherlands (just outside Amsterdam) from the UK, and as a Royal Ballet addict, I ashamed to admit I know virtually nothing about the ballet over here! But, I am willing to learn : )

I am going to get myself booked in to see a performance asap but I wondered if anyone had any recommendations on where to sit? I like to be able to see the dancer's faces & feet, so usually I am willing to sacrifice the view of the stage for the sake of proximity to the stage so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Anoushka xx

Welcome welcome!!! :dry:

Edit: I see mr. Stevens has given much more useful advice than I did, so I'll just delete mine.

I hope you'll have a good time at Dutch National Ballet!

Hello everyone

I've just moved over to live in the Netherlands (just outside Amsterdam) from the UK, and as a Royal Ballet addict, I ashamed to admit I know virtually nothing about the ballet over here! But, I am willing to learn : )

I am going to get myself booked in to see a performance asap but I wondered if anyone had any recommendations on where to sit? I like to be able to see the dancer's faces & feet, so usually I am willing to sacrifice the view of the stage for the sake of proximity to the stage so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Anoushka xx

Row 6 to 10 parterre, and your seat needs to be single digits, meaning close to the center.

See y'around

Herman