This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello from Stockholm!

Hi!

I'm new to this site.

I'm a guy and lives in Stockholm in Sweden. I'm a student at the Royal Swedish Ballet School and I started out ballet at the age of 8. Today I'm 17.

The first time I saw a ballet performance was at new years eve when I was 7 years old. It was the Nutcracker and from that moment I knew I wanted to become a ballet dancer.

I have about one and half year left at school and then I hope to get a contract with a company. Which company I don't know yet.

I love to talk about ballet so I'm very happy I found ballet talk. I especially like to talk about ballet from the audiene point of wiew. For me ballet is not just about the steps. It's about telling a story through the art of dance. I love dramatic ballets like Romeo and Juliet and Manon. But I also love the classics.

Well that was a little bit about me. I'm looking forward to exploring ballet talk and hopefully discuss a lot of ballet!

:clapping:

wow! I wish you luck at your school and maybe someday we'll all see you perform!

Can't wait to hear what you'll have to say, b/c my former teacher studied as the same school. So I have this strange connection with Sweden and feel as if it's my home. :wub:

Welcome vissi d'arte ! :shake:

wow! I wish you luck at your school and maybe someday we'll all see you perform!

Can't wait to hear what you'll have to say, b/c my former teacher studied as the same school. So I have this strange connection with Sweden and feel as if it's my home. :wub:

Welcome vissi d'arte ! :shake:

Thank you!

Wow that's really cool! What's the name of your teacher?

Hi, vissi d'arte!

I, too, am happy to welcome you.

As a student, you will probably find much of interest on our companion board, BalletTalk for Dancers (Same to you, artist, even though you're not dancing at the moment.) We ask that you keep the same screen name in both places.

Meanwhile, it's gratifying that you've found so much to contribute on this, the audience site!