This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Guiseppe Piccone leacing ABT

sneds

Hi!

Yet another dancer leaving ABT: Today's NYTimes review of "Swan Lake" mentioned that he is leaving ABT after this season. Looks like ABT will have to promote or import if they want to keep the same number of soloists and principals.

Kate

Guest Devoted2

Just a quick response to the Picone remarks. I heard through the grapevine that Picone was fired from ABT. It's too bad, though. He really danced great this season. It's not that ABT can't keep them, they fire them. Heard that many others were fired too.

I hate always having to play Mother Superior but PLEASE BE CAREFUL ABOUT POSTING RUMORS, especially that someone is fired or others are about to be fired. I know this is the kind of talk all of us would have in lobbies or on the telephone, but this is the internet and his mother might be reading it :)

Thank you :)

Alexandria, plase don't apologize about keeping this website above the common fray. The consideration of others feelings and the respect for others opinions I find here is refreshing and one of the things I love about Ballet Alert. It's heartening to find a genteel civilation above the daily fracas.

(I have to admit, though, that I'm usually one of the first that finds ballet gossip in the lobbies intriguing!)

Thanks for your kind words.

Gossip is undeniably fun, and some rumors actually turn out to be true, but we try to put up yellow light signs because it is so easy to be spontaneous on the internet, and one innocent "so and so left" post can lead to fascinating speculation on the state of mind and body of all concerned :)

I too am sad to hear about Picone's leaving. I thought he danced the best I've seen him this year and had a smash season. His Albrecht was definitely the best I've seen, I was very moved.

I'd like to second the comments that have been made about posting rumors.... none of us knows what really happens except the ones directly involved. A lot of us hear things, but we really should be careful posting "juicy" gossip because it seems like fun. We don't know the true circumstances, motivations, and all the other factors that present a "true, full" picture of the situation. Summing up what I'm sure was a sensitive situation in a juicy gossip sentence doesn't do any of the artists justice and doesn't present the full story.

I haven't heard where Picone will go, but I hope it's somewhere where I can continue to see the level of dancing I saw from him this year. :)

[ 06-30-2001: Message edited by: alexandra ]

This thread has been a smouldering volcano for several days, and I'm beginning to smell burning lava. Hence.....

Should anyone wish to discuss Picone's DANCING without speculating on his current, past or future employment, please start another thread.