This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

2007/08 season

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:03 PM

The National Ballet of Canada has announced its 2007/08 season.

2007/08 Season Announced
2007/08 brochure

November 8-18: All-Robbins program (West Side Story Suite, Glass Pieces, In the Night)
November 21-25: Ronald Hynd's The Merry Widow (plus April 24-26 in Ottawa)
December 8-30: James Kudelka's The Nutcracker
February 27-March 2 & June 21-22: James Kudelka's An Italian Straw Hat
March 8 - 16: Jiří Kylián's Soldiers' Mass, Marie Chouinard's 24 Preludes, Christopher Bruce's Rooster
May 28-June 8: James Kudelka's Cinderella
June 12-18: Harald Lander's Etudes, William Forsythe's the second detail, Dominique Dumais' Skin Divers

In September there will also be a tour of western Canda (Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Victoria, Nanaimo & Vancouver) with a curious double bill of Giselle and Christopher Wheeldon's Polyphonia (except Victoria and Nanaimo, which get Giselle only). No Winnipeg or Regina? Now that's strange.

So apart from a tour of Giselle, no 19th-century classics next season. Hmm. And wouldn't it be a good idea to throw in some Ashton, Cranko or MacMillan among all that Kudelka? No Balanchine? I dunno.

#2 mom2

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

I received my renewal package today via snail mail. I see in the brochure that the list of principal dancers does not include Ryan Boorne.

What's up? He's no Guillaume Cote admittedly, but I still like him anyway!

There should be a press release shortly about new additions to the company; perhaps we'll find out more about people leaving as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):