This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Don Quichotte

And casting for the run is on the POB website : See here

Among the most interesting news : Myriam Ould-Braham and Nolwenn Daniel make debuts as Kitri, and Matthias Heymann has been given one performance as Basilio (his first big part). Jérémie Bélingard is also new to the role I believe.

Finally, Denis Matvienko will be guesting for two performances, partnering Aurélie Dupont.

Here is the cast on the POB website:

http://www.operadeparis.fr/Saison0607/Dist...ion.asp?Id=1008

Note Denis Matvienko venue on 15th and 17th March :speechless-smiley-003: I had the opportunity to see him as Basilio in London (partnering young and brilliant Bolshoi soloist Osipova) and he's really worth seeing!!

We'll also have several expected debuts in the leading roles: 19 y.o. Mathias Heymann as Basilio (his first big role, that should be an event), Nolwenn Daniel and Myriam Ould-Braham as Kitri. Myriam Ould-Braham will be partnered with Emmanuel Thibault, who made brilliant debuts in this role in 2004: also a big event audience is expecting with great joy! :blush:

Thanks, volcanohunter, for the Link to Aurelie Dupont on France 24. Even for those without French, there are some fairly long (for tv) snippets of Dupont's Kitri to enjoy. :wink:

(Speaking for myself, I found the extremely speedy interviewer slowed down occasionally on words like "classique," "latine," "tres sympatique," and (is it possible?) "un ballet coleuristique" so that one could follow the gist if not the detail of the conversation.) :speechless-smiley-003: :blush:

(Speaking for myself, I found the extremely speedy interviewer slowed down occasionally on words like "classique," "latine," "tres sympatique," and (is it possible?) "un ballet coleuristique" so that one could follow the gist if not the detail of the conversation.) :blush: :blush:

She was a bit speedy, wasn't she? I managed to catch her describing Neumeier's La Dame aux Camelias as a classical ballet. :wallbash: Well, I guess it is compared to some of the stuff POB is doing atm.

This sounds very silly, but I'm always slightly surprised when classical ballet dancers admire/want to work with modern choreographers (I think in this case Dupont and Pina Bausch, and also Sylvie Guillem and Russell Maliphant). I may have very negative experiences of modern dance (though I like Neumeier's Sylvia - which is relatively pretty conservative stuff) but I don't really get it at all.

The performance of the 17th might be quite sold out by now, because it's a Saturday and casting includes Denis Matvienko and Aurélie Dupont... But if you can't find a ticket beforehand, there's good chance your son will be able to get one on the day of the performance. He can either queue for returned tickets at normal price (and normally he should be able to get one) or, as a student, wait to see if he can get the student discount (15€ on left-over orchestra tickets). It's more adventurous, since there are two lines, and people who have a "Pass'Opéra" are served first, and there's no guarantee there will be enough discounted tickets.

Best of luck to him - actually I'll be there too !