Prix de LausanneWhat's Going on in Switzerland?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 binklemom

binklemom

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:09 PM

Anybody have any news from Lausanne? Binklemom. :(

#2 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:20 PM

Binklemom, here is the website:

http://www.prixdelau...prize/index.php

Apparently, 66 dancers began the competition yesterday. It runs through the end of this week (Feb 4 '07). We should be able to see the finals via a webcast from the competition's site.

Do you know any of the dancers, Binklemom? A quick glance at the list shows me that one of the girls is from the Vaganova Academy (Ekaterina Grazhdankina). Nice to see a couple of DC-area dancers representing the USA, one each from Maryland Youth Ballet (John Giragosian) and Conservatory Ballet-Reston, VA (Keenan Kampa).

#3 binklemom

binklemom

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:14 PM

I know one of the girls from Canada, from Calgary, Alberta. She danced at my daughter's studio up to Christmas and now is training in Boston. Binklemom.

#4 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:34 PM

Semifinalists have been selected, including the two DC-area dancers + several for the Royal Ballet school.

Link to the pdf list:

http://www.prixdelau...prize/index.php

The finals are this Sunday and can be seen via internet, on the same Prix de Lausanne site. See the site for details.

#5 mmded

mmded

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:27 AM

Scholarship winners have now been announced on the prix website mentioned previously. Congratulaions to all! :dunno:

#6 Tilli

Tilli

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:16 AM

I saw James Hay and Delia Mathews at the Young British Dancer of the Year (2006) competition. I am glad they were awarded prizes because they are both very talented.

#7 sophia

sophia

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:46 PM

I also confirm that both are very talented. I was particularly impressed by James Hay who won "Young British Dancer of the Year" competition last year. He was the best among the boys in Lausanne. Sae-eun Park (South Korea) and Mai Kono (Japan), respectively 1st and 2nd place, were more than simply brilliant candidates: they already have that artistry (especially Park) we're all looking for and which rarely occurs in ballet competitions.

#8 sophia

sophia

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:54 PM

By the way, I found the american boy (semifinalist) John Giragosian (Maryland Youth Ballet) very good. Maybe someone knows more about him and the school he's coming from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):