This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Prix de LausanneWhat's Going on in Switzerland?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 binklemom

binklemom

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:09 PM

Anybody have any news from Lausanne? Binklemom. :(

#2 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:20 PM

Binklemom, here is the website:

http://www.prixdelau...prize/index.php

Apparently, 66 dancers began the competition yesterday. It runs through the end of this week (Feb 4 '07). We should be able to see the finals via a webcast from the competition's site.

Do you know any of the dancers, Binklemom? A quick glance at the list shows me that one of the girls is from the Vaganova Academy (Ekaterina Grazhdankina). Nice to see a couple of DC-area dancers representing the USA, one each from Maryland Youth Ballet (John Giragosian) and Conservatory Ballet-Reston, VA (Keenan Kampa).

#3 binklemom

binklemom

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:14 PM

I know one of the girls from Canada, from Calgary, Alberta. She danced at my daughter's studio up to Christmas and now is training in Boston. Binklemom.

#4 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:34 PM

Semifinalists have been selected, including the two DC-area dancers + several for the Royal Ballet school.

Link to the pdf list:

http://www.prixdelau...prize/index.php

The finals are this Sunday and can be seen via internet, on the same Prix de Lausanne site. See the site for details.

#5 mmded

mmded

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:27 AM

Scholarship winners have now been announced on the prix website mentioned previously. Congratulaions to all! :dunno:

#6 Tilli

Tilli

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:16 AM

I saw James Hay and Delia Mathews at the Young British Dancer of the Year (2006) competition. I am glad they were awarded prizes because they are both very talented.

#7 sophia

sophia

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:46 PM

I also confirm that both are very talented. I was particularly impressed by James Hay who won "Young British Dancer of the Year" competition last year. He was the best among the boys in Lausanne. Sae-eun Park (South Korea) and Mai Kono (Japan), respectively 1st and 2nd place, were more than simply brilliant candidates: they already have that artistry (especially Park) we're all looking for and which rarely occurs in ballet competitions.

#8 sophia

sophia

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:54 PM

By the way, I found the american boy (semifinalist) John Giragosian (Maryland Youth Ballet) very good. Maybe someone knows more about him and the school he's coming from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):