HOLA from Madrid, Spain

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PsFs

PsFs

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:13 PM

So nice to see I am one among others participating on this site from Spain :) , where we are getting excited about the 2 new classical ballet companies in the process of being born! :wink:

I am already a member of BalletTalk for dancers, being the mother of one who did her training in Spain, but somehow I was not aware that this was a separate site from that one. So I am glad to be able to participate in both.

Hasta luego!

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:27 PM

BalletTalk for Dancers is our "sister board." We are separated by the footlights, you might say. This board is the viewers, BT4D is the doers. :)

We're watching developments in Spain very avidly and hoping there are resources to sustain two active companies. How great would that be!

Glad you're here, PsFs. :wink: Welcome.

#3 CarolinaM

CarolinaM

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:51 PM

Welcome PsFs!

Nice to find more Spaniards here and you have chosen a great moment to join us with the so great news for Spain!

:huepfen024:

#4 PsFs

PsFs

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:03 AM

Actually, I am American but have lived here for almost 17 years and feel more Spanish than American anymore--my dancing daughter, although she was born in the US, presents herself as Spanish to her Indiana University ballet classmates since culturally she IS. She was only 2 when we moved here, and she would dearly like to come back and dance in Spain, if not Europe. so, I agree: let's hope that the Madrid area and the rest of Spain can sustain 2 world-class classical companies!! I'm all for it!! :huepfen024:

#5 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:28 PM

Bienvenidos, PsFs. It's good to have another eye and ear in Spain, a country which has produced so many superb ballet dancers and now is on the verge of being able to offer them full-time employment!!! :)

#6 Grissi

Grissi

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:47 AM

ˇBienvenido!
I think that we are three voices from Spain right now!!! More points of view, that's very encouraging.
Again, welcome, PsFs!

#7 CarolinaM

CarolinaM

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:06 AM

We are four Grissi :)

Don't forget Franz (Jesús Vallinas) even if he has no time, neither enough English skills to participate too much.

I'm also happy that the Spanish community increases in BalletTalk specially when our company is going to see light.

:huepfen024:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):