This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Hello from ManchesterDe-lurked at last!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scherzo

scherzo

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:15 AM

I am at school in Manchester in the UK. I used to do ballet myself, but gave up when I came to secondary school (tut tut - but it is an all-boys school! :wink: ). I don't actually see that much ballet live: once or twice a year I get down to London (in the school holidays of course!) and see the Royal Ballet, and if other companies come to Manchester I see some of those too. A rather starry example: we saw the Bolshoi last year in Spartacus!

Anyway, I have been reading these message boards for at least a year now, and the many, many discussions on this board are so interesting that I couldn't resist joining to have a go myself. I'm basically here to learn.

PS As you can see, I tend to go on and on a lot.

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,418 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:23 AM

Welcome to Ballet Talk, scherzo! We hope you enjoy the site. And we'd love to hear what you think about the Balanchine triple bill.

#3 Ostrich

Ostrich

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:15 AM

Welcome, scherzo! You're lucky to live in a place where you do regularly get to seeing great companies perform! Alas, where I'm from you have to make do with hearsay (which I get on BalletTalk, of course) and pray hard that some famous dancer or company finds themselves at a bit of a loose end and deigns to pay us a flying visit! :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):