This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Giselle Casting

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 purelyballet

purelyballet

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:15 AM

Once again, I was wondering if anyone has an news on the casting for Giselle?

#2 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:23 AM

And once again, casting will be posted as soon as it's available. Casting is not made available to media until about a week before the performances. As soon as I get it, I'll post it or a link.

#3 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:47 AM

ESP, though. I'm hoping for information too (and hoping to see Julie Diana in the title role). If I get anything official, I'll let Dale know.

#4 GWTW

GWTW

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

Giselle - Casting is up

Julie Diana, Riolama Lorenzo, Arnaxcha Ochoa are Giselle
Zachary Hench, Sergio Torrado (does anyone know who is), James Ady are Albrecht.

Wow, the very young Gabriella Yudenich who was such a hit as Coffee in the Nutcracker is dancing Myrtha! That's a surprise as PA Ballet tends to cast by seniority IMO.

#5 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:24 PM

The only day I can see Julie Diana is Feb 8, a weeknight.

Grrr. Hello, Greyhound.

#6 purelyballet

purelyballet

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:29 PM

I am hoping to go see both Julie and Riolama as Giselle. And as it was mentioned I also noticed that PAB is giving a few of the younger corps dancers great opportunities. Looking through the casting Gabriella Yudenich and Hawley Rowe are cast as Myrta and also Abigal Mentzer and Barette Vance are cast in Peasant Pas. Other roles featuring corps dancers are Barette Vance and Rebecca Azenberg as Moyna and Abigail Mentzer as Zulma. I am looking forward to seeing these young dancers perform these parts.

#7 lillianna

lillianna

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:01 PM

Sergio Torrado is a former principal dancer from SFB.

#8 GWTW

GWTW

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:27 AM

Thanks, lillianna. Can you tell us if Torrado joined PAB or is he guesting?

#9 lillianna

lillianna

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:59 PM

I know the answer but have been waiting for an official release from the company. There were a number of new dancers added to the company after Nutcracker, a few left and one promoted.

#10 lillianna

lillianna

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:45 PM

Since the links to articles the past 2 days discuss Sergio Terrado's employment with PA Ballet, it seems OK to now talk about it. Mr Terrado has been hired as a soloist by PA Ballet. I have enjoyed his dancing a immensely when he performed as a principal dancer with San Francisco Ballet. Most notable to me was his preformance as the Bull in Chi-Lyn. I am really excited to have him added to the PA Ballet ranks and can't wait to see his Albrecht this weekend.

#11 purelyballet

purelyballet

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

I am also excited to hear about Sergio Terrado's employment with PAB. He will certainly be a nice addition to the company. lilliana, since I will not be able to go to see Giselle until next weekend, can you report back to us on this weekends performances?

#12 lillianna

lillianna

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:10 PM

I plan on seeing all 3 casts this weekend if all goes as planned. I can't wait to see the performances and the newcomers.

#13 purelyballet

purelyballet

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:11 AM

I am jealous and wish I could be there on opening night as well. But I will fortunately get to see two of the three casts next weekend :dry: Looking forward to your opinion after you see the shows.

#14 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:08 AM

As we will look forward to yours, purelyballet. :dry:

#15 purelyballet

purelyballet

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:04 PM

I have been trying to access the Giselle casting roster on the PAB site for a few days now and I am unable to open the link. Is anyone else having the same problem or is something to do with my computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):