This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello from Liverpool

JMcN

I follow NBT and BRB (but not exclusively), having been converted to a classical ballet fan on 26th May 1984 (London Festival Ballet - Onegin - Marcia Haydee and Richard Cragun).

I imagine that Haydee and Cragun in Onegin could persuade even those most hostile to ballet. How wonderful that you can pinpoint the exact moment of your conversion!

I echo volcanohunter, though I saw Haydee and Cragun only on video from the days when American television actually showed such things. The Cranko ballets worked so well when they were dancing them, especially Romeo and Juliet. (My last view of Cragun was as a really wonderful Carabosse in Marcia Haydee's version of Sleeping Beauty.)

I hope you'll keep us up to date on Birmingham Royal and the Northern Ballet Theater. I especially llike the NBT's youthful, energetic R&J (the Italian Middle Ages meet West Side Story). Welcome!