• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JMcN

JMcN

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:30 AM

Hi - I'm Janet from Liverpool. I follow NBT and BRB (but not exclusively), having been converted to a classical ballet fan on 26th May 1984 (London Festival Ballet - Onegin - Marcia Haydee and Richard Cragun). I go to most of the NBT and BRB tour venues.

#2 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:44 PM

I follow NBT and BRB (but not exclusively), having been converted to a classical ballet fan on 26th May 1984 (London Festival Ballet - Onegin - Marcia Haydee and Richard Cragun).

I imagine that Haydee and Cragun in Onegin could persuade even those most hostile to ballet. How wonderful that you can pinpoint the exact moment of your conversion!

#3 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 03:04 PM

I echo volcanohunter, though I saw Haydee and Cragun only on video from the days when American television actually showed such things. The Cranko ballets worked so well when they were dancing them, especially Romeo and Juliet. (My last view of Cragun was as a really wonderful Carabosse in Marcia Haydee's version of Sleeping Beauty.)

I hope you'll keep us up to date on Birmingham Royal and the Northern Ballet Theater. I especially llike the NBT's youthful, energetic R&J (the Italian Middle Ages meet West Side Story). Welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):