This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Svetlana Zakharova

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 87Sigfried87

87Sigfried87

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:36 AM

The real question is whether she will stay and accept the contract or gets back to Russia and refuse the opportunity.She can't be at the same time principal dancer at Bolshoj and at Scala....

Is there a contractual reason that this can't be the case? I thought that Ferri had been a Principal at both ABT and La Scala. Vishneva and Malakhov are/have been Principal Dancers at more than one major company.

They tell me she's coming for some ballets and does others in Russia or anywhere.Until next Swan Lake in april with Matvienko,i think she's in Russia.

#32 Legwarmer

Legwarmer

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:25 AM

Zakharova and Politics?

Why does that seem wrong?

I'm sorry, she might have wonderful views on what there is to "change in the world", but all the time she spends rehearsing and performing and being famous, I reckon she lacks the needed amount of time to really know the things going on in the world.

When I saw her perform Giselle with the Bolshoi in April '06, the lady sitting next to me told me that I was very lucky to catch her with her 'original' company. She barely performs at home anymore, or so the lady said, and she's abroad a lot of times. She only dances as much in her hometown as her contract demands of her. I don't know what to think of it, though - on one hand an artist needs to get around, breathe the air of different theaters and cities to broaden their horizon, on the other hand - what do too many trips do to one's ego? And isn't this the general debate with Zakharova, or am I wrong?

#33 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,328 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:23 PM

Zakharova and Politics?

Why does that seem wrong?

I'm sorry, she might have wonderful views on what there is to "change in the world", but all the time she spends rehearsing and performing and being famous, I reckon she lacks the needed amount of time to really know the things going on in the world.

Figure Skater Anton Sikharulidze is member of the Russian Duma, and he is now the chairman of the State Duma Sports Committee. The Russian government sees fit to put experts in its government to oversee funding and direction. I don't see why a ballet dancer couldn't provide similar expertise in the arts. She certainly would have more experience than a random friend, donor, bureautcrat, or lobbyist appointed by a government.

#34 Legwarmer

Legwarmer

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:23 AM

Yes, if what she does concerns arts, I'm definitely in for it. I just thought she'd get to decide more general things.

#35 gratarolli

gratarolli

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Our beloved Sveta has updated her schedule for the end of the year.
I'll be on NYC and Tokyo on a trip at July, 2013 so I'm always checking her site to see if there is a chance to see her in Tokyo Posted Image

Anyway for the NYC citzens, she will be starring on october at the Lincoln Centre, on a Gala (Oh my god, i wish i could be there...)

check it on http://www.svetlana-...m/Calendar.html

24,26 December Don Quixote Paris Opera Ballet, Théâtre Bastille
16 December Gala of Svetlana Zakharova and Friends National Opera, Kiev
8 December Giselle Sava Center, Belgrade, Serbia
2 December Gala of Svetlana Zakharova and Friends Kremlin Palace, Moscow
22-25 November The Pharaoh's Daughter Bolshoi Theatre
16 November Giselle Bolshoi Theatre
26 October Swan Lake Bolshoi Theatre
18 October Gala Stars of the 21st Century Lincoln Centre, New York
5,13 October La Bayadère Bavarian State Ballet Munich
22 September Gala Etoiles du 21e Siècle Théâtre des Champs Elysées Paris
15 September Don Quixote Bolshoi Theatre

#36 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,328 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

Ismene Brown has published commentary/summary and translation of a new interview with Zakharova in Izvestia, in which the dancer discusses choreographers she has and will work with and a gala in Ukraine with Sergei Polunin:

http://www.ismeneb.c..._to_Cranko.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):