This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Svetlana Zakharova

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:57 PM

My thanks as well volcanohunter --

#17 leonid17

leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:48 AM

Zakharova, pt. 4

Well, dear Ballet Talkers, I hope that's helpful.

Well, dear Ballet Talker Volcano Hunter, that was very generous of you to translate the article for us. Many thanks.

#18 delz

delz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:20 AM

Zakharova, pt. 4

Well, dear Ballet Talkers, I hope that's helpful.

Well, dear Ballet Talker Volcano Hunter, that was very generous of you to translate the article for us. Many thanks.

Hello all.
I hope you had a wonderful Holiday Weekend!

Here we have another interview with Svetlana Zakharova in Russian released on December 25.
The interview begins with the question concerning Svetlana’s plans to celebrate New Year's Eve. Svetlana hopes to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Moscow. It’s a holiday for her just to be at home as she had a lot of tours, flights, changes of climatic and time zones. Nevertheless the only priority for her is to be on stage. She notes that she had a new experience as an organizer of “Evenings with Svetlana Zakharova” Gala in Parma Italy in which she had performed the new work “Revalation”, “Swan” by Fokin and “Carmen Suite”. She invited Andrey Uvarov, Andrey Merkuriev and Denis Matvienko to be her partners that evening. She values her Carmen very much as the choreographer Alberto Alonso has changed some details specially for her and she considers it an honour that Maya Plisetskaya has recognized and favoured this work. (Frankly speaking I have no idea about these changes. Please let me know if you have the information about changes were made)
Svetlana has performed the new version of “Swan Lake” during this season on the stage of National Theatre of Tokyo as she has a Guest Star contract with this Theatre. She recognizes devotion and loyalty of her Japanese fans. She believes that there are a lot of good dancers and choreographers in Japan at present.
Asked if Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber is going to create a ballet for Svetlana (music I guess?) she says that he said this being on the stage of London Covent Garden during the first night of the Bolshoi Cinderella.

Happy Holidays from Russia!

#19 Charming_Lise

Charming_Lise

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:45 AM

Thank you very much for translating. :tiphat:

#20 leonid17

leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:26 PM

A directly related discussion appears in the Aesthetic Issues forum:

Aesthetic vs. Gymnastic: Svetlana Zakharova Interview

#21 Gaby

Gaby

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

thanks for the interview and the translation ;)

#22 87Sigfried87

87Sigfried87

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:41 PM

After the great success of these days' Swan Lake,Svetlana Zakharova seems to have been nominated new étoile of La Scala Theatre,after Alessandra Ferri's farewell.I don't know if it's good news.For sure I heard many bad comments on this.Thinking about what Ferri gave us from the emotional point of you I feel she will not be up to her level.We'll see....

#23 87Sigfried87

87Sigfried87

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

After the great success of these days' Swan Lake,Svetlana Zakharova seems to have been nominated new étoile of La Scala Theatre,after Alessandra Ferri's farewell.I don't know if it's good news.For sure I heard many bad comments on this.Thinking about what Ferri gave us from the emotional point of you I feel she will not be up to her level.We'll see....

Point of view...sorry :)

#24 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:25 PM

Mmm...Zakharova, ah?... :)

#25 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

Interesting that she's been named an Etoile. I understand better the Royal Ballet's title of "Principal Guest Artist." How much time does Zakharova spend at La Scala, dancerboy?

#26 87Sigfried87

87Sigfried87

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

Interesting that she's been named an Etoile. I understand better the Royal Ballet's title of "Principal Guest Artist." How much time does Zakharova spend at La Scala, dancerboy?

Svetlana has been coming many many times as guest dancer at La Scala.It was supposed to happen.In the last two years she went for Swan Lake,Sleeping Beauty,Don Chisciotte,Giselle and every gala.We saw her many many times.Something had to happen.The real question is whether she will stay and accept the contract or gets back to Russia and refuse the opportunity.She can't be at the same time principal dancer at Bolshoj and at Scala....

#27 richard53dog

richard53dog

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:09 AM

Svetlana has been coming many many times as guest dancer at La Scala.It was supposed to happen.In the last two years she went for Swan Lake,Sleeping Beauty,Don Chisciotte,Giselle and every gala.We saw her many many times.Something had to happen.The real question is whether she will stay and accept the contract or gets back to Russia and refuse the opportunity.She can't be at the same time principal dancer at Bolshoj and at Scala....

I think it all depends on the wording of the position. A lot of dancers have multiple positions in different companies. I'm most familiar with the ABT arrangements.
Ferri was both a Principal Dancer at ABT as well as the title she held with La Scala. Nina Ananiashvili holds the same ABT slot as well as slots in Georgia and at the Bolshoi. Diana Vishneva is also PD at ABT as well as whatever her title at the MT

And so it goes with the men. Malakhov, Corella, Acosta have multiple "homes"

#28 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

The real question is whether she will stay and accept the contract or gets back to Russia and refuse the opportunity.She can't be at the same time principal dancer at Bolshoj and at Scala....

What about her duties as a Russian member of Parliament?

#29 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:10 PM

Mashinka, Sveta Zakharova is a Russian MP? Did she just come into
office with the recent election? How long has she been a politician?

#30 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,349 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:36 PM

The real question is whether she will stay and accept the contract or gets back to Russia and refuse the opportunity.She can't be at the same time principal dancer at Bolshoj and at Scala....

Is there a contractual reason that this can't be the case? I thought that Ferri had been a Principal at both ABT and La Scala. Vishneva and Malakhov are/have been Principal Dancers at more than one major company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):