verdura

Svetlana Zakharova

36 posts in this topic

Interesting that she's been named an Etoile. I understand better the Royal Ballet's title of "Principal Guest Artist." How much time does Zakharova spend at La Scala, dancerboy?

Svetlana has been coming many many times as guest dancer at La Scala.It was supposed to happen.In the last two years she went for Swan Lake,Sleeping Beauty,Don Chisciotte,Giselle and every gala.We saw her many many times.Something had to happen.The real question is whether she will stay and accept the contract or gets back to Russia and refuse the opportunity.She can't be at the same time principal dancer at Bolshoj and at Scala....

Interesting that she's been named an Etoile. I understand better the Royal Ballet's title of "Principal Guest Artist." How much time does Zakharova spend at La Scala, dancerboy?

Svetlana has been coming many many times as guest dancer at La Scala.It was supposed to happen.In the last two years she went for Swan Lake,Sleeping Beauty,Don Chisciotte,Giselle and every gala.We saw her many many times.Something had to happen.The real question is whether she will stay and accept the contract or gets back to Russia and refuse the opportunity.She can't be at the same time principal dancer at Bolshoj and at Scala....

I think it all depends on the wording of the position. A lot of dancers have multiple positions in different companies. I'm most familiar with the ABT arrangements.

Ferri was both a Principal Dancer at ABT as well as the title she held with La Scala. Nina Ananiashvili holds the same ABT slot as well as slots in Georgia and at the Bolshoi. Diana Vishneva is also PD at ABT as well as whatever her title at the MT

And so it goes with the men. Malakhov, Corella, Acosta have multiple "homes"

The real question is whether she will stay and accept the contract or gets back to Russia and refuse the opportunity.She can't be at the same time principal dancer at Bolshoj and at Scala....

What about her duties as a Russian member of Parliament?

Mashinka, Sveta Zakharova is a Russian MP? Did she just come into

office with the recent election? How long has she been a politician?

The real question is whether she will stay and accept the contract or gets back to Russia and refuse the opportunity.She can't be at the same time principal dancer at Bolshoj and at Scala....

Is there a contractual reason that this can't be the case? I thought that Ferri had been a Principal at both ABT and La Scala. Vishneva and Malakhov are/have been Principal Dancers at more than one major company.

Is there a contractual reason that this can't be the case? I thought that Ferri had been a Principal at both ABT and La Scala. Vishneva and Malakhov are/have been Principal Dancers at more than one major company.

They tell me she's coming for some ballets and does others in Russia or anywhere.Until next Swan Lake in april with Matvienko,i think she's in Russia.

Zakharova and Politics?

Why does that seem wrong?

I'm sorry, she might have wonderful views on what there is to "change in the world", but all the time she spends rehearsing and performing and being famous, I reckon she lacks the needed amount of time to really know the things going on in the world.

When I saw her perform Giselle with the Bolshoi in April '06, the lady sitting next to me told me that I was very lucky to catch her with her 'original' company. She barely performs at home anymore, or so the lady said, and she's abroad a lot of times. She only dances as much in her hometown as her contract demands of her. I don't know what to think of it, though - on one hand an artist needs to get around, breathe the air of different theaters and cities to broaden their horizon, on the other hand - what do too many trips do to one's ego? And isn't this the general debate with Zakharova, or am I wrong?

Zakharova and Politics?

Why does that seem wrong?

I'm sorry, she might have wonderful views on what there is to "change in the world", but all the time she spends rehearsing and performing and being famous, I reckon she lacks the needed amount of time to really know the things going on in the world.

Figure Skater Anton Sikharulidze is member of the Russian Duma, and he is now the chairman of the State Duma Sports Committee. The Russian government sees fit to put experts in its government to oversee funding and direction. I don't see why a ballet dancer couldn't provide similar expertise in the arts. She certainly would have more experience than a random friend, donor, bureautcrat, or lobbyist appointed by a government.

Yes, if what she does concerns arts, I'm definitely in for it. I just thought she'd get to decide more general things.

Our beloved Sveta has updated her schedule for the end of the year.

I'll be on NYC and Tokyo on a trip at July, 2013 so I'm always checking her site to see if there is a chance to see her in Tokyo beg.gif

Anyway for the NYC citzens, she will be starring on october at the Lincoln Centre, on a Gala (Oh my god, i wish i could be there...)

check it on http://www.svetlana-...m/Calendar.html

24,26 December Don Quixote Paris Opera Ballet, Théâtre Bastille

16 December Gala of Svetlana Zakharova and Friends National Opera, Kiev

8 December Giselle Sava Center, Belgrade, Serbia

2 December Gala of Svetlana Zakharova and Friends Kremlin Palace, Moscow

22-25 November The Pharaoh's Daughter Bolshoi Theatre

16 November Giselle Bolshoi Theatre

26 October Swan Lake Bolshoi Theatre

18 October Gala Stars of the 21st Century Lincoln Centre, New York

5,13 October La Bayadère Bavarian State Ballet Munich

22 September Gala Etoiles du 21e Siècle Théâtre des Champs Elysées Paris

15 September Don Quixote Bolshoi Theatre